Rental companies at Port Everglades?

docjbs

We will be flying into Fort Myers this spring to visit family then rent a car to drive to our cruise. Is there a rental car company with an office at Port Everglades or will we need to drop the car at the airport? Thanks

we did something similiar last year. My advice is to check sites like Expedia and simply put Ft. Myers in your "pick up location" and then Fort Lauderdale in your "drop off location".

My husband dropped us off at the port and took the car to the airport. He took a cab and met us on board about 45 minutes later.

You might try Enterprise, the one on SR 84 & Andrews, not the one at the aiport. Their non-airport locations have a policy of picking you up and dropping you off. You should call them first to make sure they will drop you at the port, even if you end up booking online. Phone #: 954-764-3405. Hope this helps.

Calm seas!

Did a pre-cruise vacation in Miami and rented a car from Avis at the Airport. Planned to return the car at the airport and take the Princess bus or a Taxi but when we returned the car, the agent had someone drive us to the ship, very good door to door service at no additional cost. Not sure if they will always do this but worth asking but I doubt the 1-800 number customer service will know if it is available routinely or not. Seemed to be a nice agent and they weren't busy so he had time to drive us.

We rented in Tampa, dropped off at Hertz Ft.Lauderdale, and they drove us to the port free. Most of the FLL rental car locations at the airport are actually "off" the airport and shuttle you to/from the airport. The Hertz location was between the airport and port, only 5-10 minutes ride at most. When we got off the ship, Hertz was there to pick us up in their free courtesy van. I think most of the major rental car companies do the same thing. Shuttles to/from airport and port.

Not sure when you did that Mich Traveler, but the rental car returns are no longer off airport. Since they did the expansion, one section of the parking garage is devoted to rental car pick-up and return. So, all the companies that were "in airport" but really just outside the terminal are now really "in terminal". No more shuttling for most. As such, they have very scaled down personnel and I don't know if they would drive you to the port. Best to call and make sure what office you're talking to as most rental companies have several locations in Fort Lauderdale.

Calm seas!

Not sure when you did that Mich Traveler, but the rental car returns are no longer off airport. Since they did the expansion, one section of the parking garage is devoted to rental car pick-up and return. So, all the companies that were "in airport" but really just outside the terminal are now really "in terminal". No more shuttling for most. As such, they have very scaled down personnel and I don't know if they would drive you to the port. Best to call and make sure what office you're talking to as most rental companies have several locations in Fort Lauderdale.

Calm seas!

The above poster is correct. I just got back from FLL today as I was on the Star Princess.

Most of the majors are located in the new car rental area (very nice). All the compaines use a single shuttle. (I remember seeing Avis, National, Hertz, Thirfty, Alamo, and others.) They do have a single shuttle (for all companies) to the Car Rental Center and from the Car Rental Center to the Port. You do have to show your rental receipt to go to the Port.

What I found very interesting is that the driver said to hold on the receipt as you can show it again on your return BACK to the airport. We didn't use it for the return as we had to get to the airport ASAP for a 10:15 flight.

On a side note, we actually checked on out luggage at the port and then returned the car. Using the shuttle with no luggage was a breeze.

Pete

Archived