Viking Air from DFW

scoggins84

My Husband and I are looking to book a Viking River Cruise on the Rhine or Danube within the next couple of years so I've been looking into all the options for free air, etc (I'm a planner) :o. Can anyone comment on the Viking Free/reduced air from DFW? We live in OKC area so DFW is our closest large hub to fly from.

How many connections did you have to Amsterdam/Zurich or Munich/Budapest? Was the flight from DFW super early in the AM? Did you pay extra to change the dates to fly in earlier or out later? Did you think it was worth the extra cost?

Any experience with flying from the Midwest to Europe for Viking River Cruise is greatly appreciated! I've looked at a few fares from OKC to Zurich and one has a connection in Istanbul, which seems a little odd to me(?)

We just worked with air plus and got DFW to Frankfurt to Budapest 3.5 hour layover in Frankfurt, return 7am Munich to Franfurt, 2 hour layover and then direct to DFW. This was offered as the free airfare. The 7 am is ok with us as we will be in Munich. If you were leaving from Passau that would be real early. We have found the flights offered from DFW pretty good for the free or reduced air. We did pay the $50 per person for air plus and $100 per person deviation fee as we are staying in Germany five days after cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were the $50 air plus and $100 deviation fees the only fees you had to pay? Or did you have to pay any difference in fare for the additional days? Sorry if this is a personal question, I don't know anyone personally who has done a river cruise so I'm VERY green in this whole process.

Were the $50 air plus and $100 deviation fees the only fees you had to pay? Or did you have to pay any difference in fare for the additional days? Sorry if this is a personal question, I don't know anyone personally who has done a river cruise so I'm VERY green in this whole process.

Since we were leaving from Munich but just stayed extra we only had to pay $100 deviation. The 50 was for Air Plus since we are traveling with another couple and wanted to make sure we are on same flight. The air fare if I booked on Lufthansa myself would have been 1400 per personso for us a good deal .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Husband and I are looking to book a Viking River Cruise on the Rhine or Danube within the next couple of years so I've been looking into all the options for free air, etc (I'm a planner) :o. Can anyone comment on the Viking Free/reduced air from DFW? We live in OKC area so DFW is our closest large hub to fly from.

How many connections did you have to Amsterdam/Zurich or Munich/Budapest? Was the flight from DFW super early in the AM? Did you pay extra to change the dates to fly in earlier or out later? Did you think it was worth the extra cost?

Any experience with flying from the Midwest to Europe for Viking River Cruise is greatly appreciated! I've looked at a few fares from OKC to Zurich and one has a connection in Istanbul, which seems a little odd to me(?)

If you pay the trivial $50 fee for Air Plus, you can choose your flights 270 days in advance when there will be lots of choices in routes and seating. We too fly out of DFW.

Basically, I look first on Expedia for the flights I want, then call Vinking Air and tell them to put me on these flights. So far they always have.