RCI dolphin swim excursions...how does it work?

Hello - I've been on several cruises but have never booked an excursion through the cruiseline. It appears to be a necessity this time to get the times we want. So, my husband and I are on one reservation and my adult kids are on a different reservation number. My kids want to do the dolphin swim at Chanakaab in Cozumel and my husband and I want to do the dolphin encounter so I have to sign up separately.

How does it work? If I sign up for both excursions at the same time will we all be able to go on the same bus/car to and from the park and will we be able to do our dolphin swim/encounter at different times so we can watch each other?

Royal Caribbean couldn't answer my question and I am now waiting on a response to an email to someone handling excursions.

We did this excursion on our own. Easy to get a cab and much cheaper than going through RCI. Spent the whole day there and cabs were waiting to take you back to ship when ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was listed excursion on our Oasis sailing couple of years back. Booked it through Royal but was later told it was cancelled. DD was heartbroken so did research and booked online directly through vendor. Ended up paying 1/2 Royals price. Short cab ride, nice park.

I was going to book this excursion for the cruise I am going on in October, and your post motivated me to ahead and call the park today. I just got off the phone with them. Since I booked so far in advance I was able to get a lower price than the internet price. I paid $265 for 2 adults and 2 children for the dolphin encounter. (which amounts to $65 a person). We weren't able to do the dolphin swim since our son is to young. If memory services me right the cost of a taxi is pretty low. So excited I got this great deal!

• 6 months later...

If its the same location in Cozumel we did last September. It was a 12 minute walk from the pier to the location. We hopped on a taxi for the return. Do the Swim with, worth. Like others said, 1/2 the cost if you book directly. We needed to stretch our legs a bit,,, Fun,,,