upgrade fairy

FLArmyWife

Have to say I was kinda surprise tonight when the upgrade fairy called offering an upgrade from an 8D balcony to an ocean suite for $430 total for the week. She also tried to say the suite benefits would mean I could get rid of FTTF.

I politely declined but was pleasantly shocked that it happened.

Have to say I was kinda surprise tonight when the upgrade fairy called offering an upgrade from an 8D balcony to an ocean suite for $430 total for the week. She also tried to say the suite benefits would mean I could get rid of FTTF.

I politely declined but was pleasantly shocked that it happened.

I would rather use the $430 on a drinkd package and enjoy them in my balcony.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

How does one get one of these phone calls? Does it happen close to sailing time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was wondering the same. Prob when your sail date is close and people want to book anything but a suite. Then they will try to push suites at a cheaper price. No brainer. Summertime prob never happens cause it's so busy. Hurricane season prob happens a lot

Does an ocean suite have a balcony or just ocean view?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

it is a larger room and larger balcony is the way she explained it. There is a jetted tub instead of just a shower, some walking dressing area type thing (she was trying to hype it up and said ladies like it because they don't have to get ready in the bathroom), double sinks, etc.

all in all she said it's like 100 sqft more. We spend little time in the room so even if it was in the budget I wouldn't have done it

How does one get one of these phone calls? Does it happen close to sailing time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My assumption is this: as you get closer to booking they start looking at what rooms are available. (last time I checked there were 30 balcony rooms, about 5 suites). My guess is they believe people aren't booking because the more expensive rooms are all that's available. So they try to get those of us already booked to move UP so that in a trickle affect inside cabins/port hole type rooms move up to balconies etc etc and eventually more of the really cheap rooms become available so more people book. Their ultimate goal is to get a full ship and make the most money. it's easier for them to sell an 'upgrade' and loose only $200 for that room rather than drop the prices several hundred pp just to get them filled.