Tracy Arm Fjord Glacier Expl. & Juneau shore excursion logistics

LuvBotswana

Solstice arrives Tracy Arm @ 6am and cruises through, leaves Tracy Arm by 10am, and arrives in Juneau @1:30pm. The TAF glacier exploration starts at 8am and ends 1pm. I already have an excursion arranged at Juneau for 2:30pm. The question is - will I have time to do the glacier exploration and still make it to my Juneau excursion? Does the Glacier exploration bring pax back to Solstice or straight to Juneau?. I'm so confused 😖

Solstice arrives Tracy Arm @ 6am and cruises through, leaves Tracy Arm by 10am, and arrives in Juneau @1:30pm. The TAF glacier exploration starts at 8am and ends 1pm. I already have an excursion arranged at Juneau for 2:30pm. The question is - will I have time to do the glacier exploration and still make it to my Juneau excursion? Does the Glacier exploration bring pax back to Solstice or straight to Juneau?. I'm so confused 😖

You will be taken back to the ship, we arrived right when the ship docked and the boat gets right next to the ship and you get on the ship directly from the boat. Hope this makes sense.

You will be taken back to the ship, we arrived right when the ship docked and the boat gets right next to the ship and you get on the ship directly from the boat. Hope this makes sense.

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you.

Our two times doing this with Princess, the excursion did run 30-50 minutes later than anticipated. You'll be OK, and you have excellent grounds to get a refund if you miss the second excursion because the first excursion brought you back late (assuming both were booked through the ship). Second time, our second excursion left without us, but we were able to track down the correct shoreside staff to say "hey, you forgot us, Princess knew we were not back on the ship yet so you should have waited" and they radioed the bus to come back for us.

Do also realize that (at least when I did it with Princess), the TAF excursion brings you back to the tender platform on the other side of the ship from the docks. You will need to reboard the cruise ship, showing your cruise card and going through metal detector/bag x-ray, before walking to the other side of the ship and exiting into town. If time is of the essence, I suggest you position yourself to line up right near the doorway very early.

Our two times doing this with Princess, the excursion did run 30-50 minutes later than anticipated. You'll be OK, and you have excellent grounds to get a refund if you miss the second excursion because the first excursion brought you back late (assuming both were booked through the ship)

That's my main concern. Our excursion is not through the cruise line, and its not one I want to miss. I may have to take a pass on the TAF glacier exploration. Thanks for the info.

We just got a notice f time changes on our emerald princess TAF cruise July 16-23. Arrives TAF 7 am and leaves 11am. Arrives Juneau 12:30 pm - departs 11:15. Arrives Skagway 6:30 am .will likely book through princess, but any thoughts about how the time changes may affect anything?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're on the Emerald 2 weeks before you and had the same schedule change for Juneau. I had/have the Dog Sledding Helicopter excursion booked through Princess and I was getting worried because after the change the Dog Sledding excursion was leaving before the ship got into port. The last 2 days the SHOREX people have been updating the excursion and I've been moved and confirmed for the first excursion possible after the ship gets in.