Allure of the seas questions answered

I have been very lucky to learn so much about past cruises from CC, and while I am not ready to do a full blown review I will try to answer any questions I can while I am on allure of the seas this week (starting tomorrow 6/11/17) out of Fort Lauderdale Florida. We will be sailing the Western Caribbean in an ocean view balcony on deck 8 near Central Park. If you have any questions that I may be able to answer while I am on the ship feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner.

Happy cruising!

Jcastle431

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your generous offer! I'm sailing in the Allure on 8/13 with my 12yo son. It'll be our first cruise (He's big brother to 4 kids, two of whom have special needs. My husband and I wanted him to have some special time.)

I'd love to hear how you liked the shows, if you attended! Also, if you happen to have pics of the MDR menus and Compasses, I'd love to see those.

Maybe when you're close to the end of your cruise you could give us a little list of your must-do items? Or your must-eat items?

I'd love to hear anything you have to share. It would be wonderful to make this cruise a wonderful and memorable one.

Hoping you have a blast on your cruise!! Enjoy!

Thanks for doing this! We'll be on Allure on the same itinerary in a few weeks and one thing I've been wondering about is the temperature in the ice skating rink. What kind of clothing would you recommend during the skating shows? We're not bringing any kind of formal jackets, but should we pack something warm for the rink? Also, if you could post the show times for How To Train Your Dragon On Ice I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!! Can't wait to read your thoughts!! We will be getting on next week when you disembark!! I can't wait!! We are also staying on deck 8 near Central Park, our first time in a Jr Suite. Are you in a Jr Suite? Have fun!!!

We have made it on board and all i can say is WOW. We have sailed on 3 NCL cruises and one Princess cruise before and so far we have found a lot of things we really enjoy about RCL.

We left our hotel at about 10:45 this morning. We arrived at the cruise port at about 11:10 and outside the terminal, in the drop off pick up zone was complete chaos! This worried me about what embarkation would be like. Once inside things got a whole lot more organized. Immediately inside the door they split the crowds into decks 9 and below to the right (along with VIP guests like suites) and decks 10 and up to the left. We were able to breeze through security and there was no line to check in. As soon as we got our sea pass cards we were up the stairs and on to the ship. All told we spent less than 20 minutes in Embarkation. I sent a picture to family from the gangway at 11:30.

Our rooms were ready at 1 and our luggage was waiting. I have pictures of the room before we unpacked as well as all the paper items that were left in the room for the first day. I will post those tonight or sometime tomorrow.

So far Royal Caribbean is exceeding our expectations!

Thanks for doing this! We'll be on Allure on the same itinerary in a few weeks and one thing I've been wondering about is the temperature in the ice skating rink. What kind of clothing would you recommend during the skating shows? We're not bringing any kind of formal jackets, but should we pack something warm for the rink? Also, if you could post the show times for How To Train Your Dragon On Ice I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again and enjoy your cruise!

We stopped in the ice rink for a second while we did our initial lap around the ship and it was chilly but not cold. Kinda like really strong air conditioning. We will likely see a show there later this week and I will report back. Also according to out show schedule it appears there are 2 how to train your dragon shows. Both for our cruise are on Wednesday (Jamaica day on the western route) and they begin at 7:30 and 9:30 pm. The show should run about 25 min.

I'd love to hear how you liked the shows, if you attended! Also, if you happen to have pics of the MDR menus and Compasses, I'd love to see those.

Maybe when you're close to the end of your cruise you could give us a little list of your must-do items? Or your must-eat items?

I'd love to hear anything you have to share. It would be wonderful to make this cruise a wonderful and memorable one.

Hoping you have a blast on your cruise!! Enjoy!

Hello,

I will be posting the compasses and and dining menu's randomly throughout the cruise. Also, I will definitely get back with you about shows, and must does near the end of or shortly after the cruise :)

Thanks!! Can't wait to read your thoughts!! We will be getting on next week when you disembark!! I can't wait!! We are also staying on deck 8 near Central Park, our first time in a Jr Suite. Are you in a Jr Suite? Have fun!!!

We are in ocean view balcony 8156 just forward of Central Park. We did walk past several junior suites, more mid ship than our cabin, being cleaned and we were impressed with their size.

I notice the room service menu has a fee. When we were on Oasis last fall, room service was free until midnight and then $3.95 after. Has this changed? Is the policy different on Allure. We sail in January 2018.

Hi,

thank you for doing this, I will be on deck 8 in 3 weeks. Looking forward to see your posts from port days.

Is there any price list for laundry in the cabin? We will stay 6 days in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise.

So it would be nice to plan how to pack. [emoji4]

Sylvi

Please let me know how the Junior Suite is? I am planning to cruise Aug/Sept 2017. Also, would like to know the perks? Concierge service, daily meet-ups 5:00-8:00 drinks and bites to eat; also what is the Coastal Kitchen like?

I notice the room service menu has a fee. When we were on Oasis last fall, room service was free until midnight and then $3.95 after. Has this changed? Is the policy different on Allure. We sail in January 2018.

The room service fee is now $7.95 all the time. It sucks that the changed it but we truly haven't used room service a whole lot in the past.

Hi,

thank you for doing this, I will be on deck 8 in 3 weeks. Looking forward to see your posts from port days.

Is there any price list for laundry in the cabin? We will stay 6 days in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise.

So it would be nice to plan how to pack. [emoji4]

Sylvi

I have looked through all the papers in our stateroom and have yet to find any mentioning laundry or prices, but if i find any or we receive papers later in the week i will be sure to post them!

Please let me know how the Junior Suite is? I am planning to cruise Aug/Sept 2017. Also, would like to know the perks? Concierge service, daily meet-ups 5:00-8:00 drinks and bites to eat; also what is the Coastal Kitchen like?

I really with I was staying in a junior suite so i could help you but we are staying in an ocean view balcony and us lowly balcony cruisers are not privy to all those perks so i won't be much help. Sorry:(

Hello from the Allure of the seas! Currently off the coast of Cuba!

Its day 2 and i have some pictures of the cruise compasses to share with you as well as some observations and a couple small bumps in our vacation, but hey theres no such thing as a bad cruise. Right?

After my last post last night we went to dinner at Chops and it was FANTASTIC. Our waiter took exceptional care of as and made sure to bring us several samples of different foods during our dinner. I am sorry, but i forgot to take a picture of Chops menu, but it is posted outside and i will try to swing back by and get some pictures of it soon. We would definitely recommend Chops

We spent a good portion of the day today by the pool and had no problem finding two lounge chairs next to each other on deck 16 when we got there a little after 11. Of course all the prime seats down by the pool were occupied but our seats weren't bad. One note about the weather: It is extremely windy today. We generally don't clip our towels to our chairs as we are usually in the chairs or close by and when we leave we take our towels with us but today i had to go back to the state room and get some magnetic clips we brought to hang papers on our wall to clip the towels down so they didn't blow away while we were in the pool. Now here is my first complaint of the whole trip and its not even RCL's fault. While we were down in the pool for about 20 minutes somebody came by and stole all of our towel clips! At least they didn't take any of our other belongings and folded the back of our chairs down on our stuff so it didn't blow away. Still, really people???

Also while we were at the pool there was an announcement that the ship was having a problem with water pressure and they were working to reslove the issue. About 2 hours later we returned to the stateroom and sure enough, no running water..... At all. Thankfully while we were trying to figure out what we were going to do next, water pressure was fixed and everything is working properly now!

Next Post: Compass pictures!