Labadee - Clamshell Beach Loungers

Questions:

1) Are the clamshell beach loungers worth the $45?

2) Where are they located? I had my eyes on Columbus Cove but see reports these are at Adrenaline Beach. Can someone confirm?

3) If you have purchased these before, what are the pros and cons from your experience?

4) Is the sand smooth/soft or rocky/full of shells?

5) Do we need to bring towels off the ship?

Thank you!

For the same price, you can buy a clamshell at Academy Sports or Amazon.com, and then you can use it for the rest of your life. They roll up to the size of a camp chair and fit into an over-the-shoulder tote bag.

Questions:

2) Where are they located? I had my eyes on Columbus Cove but see reports these are at Adrenaline Beach. Can someone confirm?

3) If you have purchased these before, what are the pros and cons from your experience?

4) Is the sand smooth/soft or rocky/full of shells?

5) Do we need to bring towels off the ship?

Thank you!

1) Yes, my wife and I found them to be worth the price. I like the shade and she likes the sun so we made sure to leave the ship early so we could pick out a good clamshell where we could both be happy. Yes, we could have just gotten regular loungers but the clamshell provided better coverage and I didn't have to follow the shade so much.

2) Adrenaline Beach.

3) Cons -- you're confined to one particular space. There are a fair amount of clamshells in a fairly small area. The further back clamshells have limited view.

Pros -- get there early and get a front row clamshell and you'll have a great view. Dedicated shade. We used our clamshell as a base of operations to roam around. We left our beach bags there in the back of the clamshell where they were hidden from view.

4) Sandy beach, but rocky shore. The clamshells are near the new breakwaters so if you plan on going in the water bring water shoes.

5) Yes, bring towels off of the ship.

For the same price, you can buy a clamshell at Academy Sports or Amazon.com, and then you can use it for the rest of your life. They roll up to the size of a camp chair and fit into an over-the-shoulder tote bag.

Sounds like an economical thing, unless you are flying and now need to check another bag each way, and then lugging it around would get old as well imo.