Please share precruise stories

FL Donna

We leave in 6 days for our cruise on Jewel of the seas. Many people from our meet and mingle have started to head toward Florida. We have been planning and talking for over a year now. Here is my funny pre cruise story. We are not big drinkers. However since Thanksgiving I have had drinks everyday in preparation for the cruise. I am so excited for this cruise. On our first one I was really sea sick. We tried another cruise using seasickness meds. It worked like a charm, but was a short 3 day weekend get away. Now this one will be for 8 nights. I feel like a little kid. I am so excited.I just love those fruity drinks. I just can not believe all the drinks I have been having with each one my excitement about cruising increases. So what funny things do you do a few days before your cruise.

The night before my October 2004 cruise on the Mariner, we stayed at a hotel in Titusville, FL. We went to the bar at the the hotel, we all had a drink called a Miami hurricane, I actually had 2, maybe 3...I can't remember, what I do remember is that the bar was a karaoke bar, and me, my DH and friends, sang all night long. It was truly a sight to behold. I pray I never see any of those folks again.

Did I mention that the Karaoke was all country music, and we are all African-American. None of us listen to country music often, but I did one hell of a rendition of Shania Twain's "Being a Woman". Can you picture it? :eek: It was something else. I wouldn't trade it in for nothing in the world...:D

Nessa1dc; Thank-you for such a wonderful laugh. You made me feel like I was right there with you. What a wonderful way to start a cruise. It is 5 days and a wake now call for us now. I have so much to do. I am getting there. Maybe if I stop having those nightly celebratory drinks I might actually get somewhere.:o

The night before my October 2004 cruise on the Mariner, we stayed at a hotel in Titusville, FL. We went to the bar at the the hotel, we all had a drink called a Miami hurricane, I actually had 2, maybe 3...I can't remember, what I do remember is that the bar was a karaoke bar, and me, my DH and friends, sang all night long. It was truly a sight to behold. I pray I never see any of those folks again.

Did I mention that the Karaoke was all country music, and we are all African-American. None of us listen to country music often, but I did one hell of a rendition of Shania Twain's "Being a Woman". Can you picture it? :eek: It was something else. I wouldn't trade it in for nothing in the world...:D

Hi Nessa1dc! That was too funny! Looking forward to meeting you in just one short week.:D Let me know where you will be karaoking this trip and maybe will join in. LOL

Don't have any funny precruise stories because this is our first time out of Miami. We have always gone out of Galveston which is just a little over an hour drive for us. Maybe I will have one this trip.

deb

Hi everyone....my name is Melinda and I am a cruise junkie!!!!

I live to read these boards at least once weekly. I am not going to get to go on another cruise till the year 2007, so this is my way of getting thru till then! Is that sad, funny or WHAT??????:D I love to read what everyone experiences on their cruise as a way of me getting to go with them! I really loved the story about kareoke, I can actually see you guys up on stage! Those are the kind of memories that make cruising so special!!!

Thanks for letting me tag along with you on all your cruises. That is what I call a true friend and family!!!

Ok. Here's my favorite pre-cruise story. About a couple of years ago, my DH and a few friends arrived in Miami a day prior to cruising on the Majesty. I had made reservations for us to eat at an Italian restaurant that had complimentary limo service to and from our hotel to their restaurant. This would be the beginning of a very exciting night. Needless to say, I ordered the surf and turf expecting to pay no more than $30-$40 for my entree. My husband ordered lasagne. We all enjoyed our dishes, but did not expect the surprise that we got when we got our bill. Needless to say, my husband's and my bill alone came up to nearly $175 for two people. Imagine our faces when we got the bill!! We still laugh about this to this day. My DH claims that that was the best lasagne he had ever had:) ! I know ask for the market price before ording surf and turf!! The irony in this story is that we can wait to go back to this restaurant when we sail out of Miami in Nov 06 although I probably will stay away from the surf and turf this time. Did I add that my DH lasagne was no more than $13.

Archived