Any ideas?

BGinGA

Hello! I found some great summer 2006 prices a few months ago but my husband was dragging his feet and now everything is so expensive. I am a teacher and can only cruise during June and July. Any ideas of how we can cruise on RCI without having to pay an arm and a leg? Please help before I hurt him!!! :-)

Hi,

what ships, price range, itineary and depature port are you looking at ? June/July are usually expensive compared to the rates from September to mid December.

You can do a search on travelocity.com and get a range of prices/ships/depature ports. In June the cheapest cruise is a Western Caribbean 5 night on Enchantment of the Seas leaving from FLL starting at $549.00 for an inside. The price drops to $429.00 in mid August so maybe you can look into switching your dates.

I would love to change the dates but I can only go when school is out - I am a teacher. We will be doing the Caribbean since my in-laws are going with us and they have never cruised before. I would like to do the Western itinerary but I understand that it may drive the price up and that is definitely a factor. We are in Tampa so we can drive to any FL port.

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!! (Maybe hubby will not be injured today after all!)

I think I read on another thread that there is a school break in October, maybe you can look at cruising then ? The prices in October are much cheaper, you get a Western Caribbean on Navigator of the Seas starting at $599.00 on October 14th, Mariner October 8th and 22nd.

I see you have sailed with RCCL before, as a Crown and Anchor member you can also get $65.00 off an inside cabin and $125.00 an outside cabin on the August 13th sailing of Mariner of the Seas, that starts at $899.00

you could try to cruise during winter break. i'm not sure how much time you get off but you could leave a few days before christmas, or over new years. there are a lot of cruises leaving in early january that are about $600 for a 6 night cruise. check out the "HOT DEALS" page on RCCL's website...they list their deals there.

good luck.

Hello! I found some great summer 2006 prices a few months ago but my husband was dragging his feet and now everything is so expensive. I am a teacher and can only cruise during June and July. Any ideas of how we can cruise on RCI without having to pay an arm and a leg? Please help before I hurt him!!! :-)

Go ahead and hurt him! lol

It will hurt in the wallet anyway, and sometimes thats very painful. Good luck.

Have you checked into the Grandeur sailings from Tampa? Since the ship was redeployed and not originally scheduled to sail from Tampa the prices were very good for the 5 and 4 night cruises. As a matter of fact the prices were lower for the Grandeur's 5 night cruise in March than what we were paying for 4 nights on the Majesty during the same week. We wound up moving our group and everyone got a refund of approx. $50.00 pp plus an extra day of cruising.

Have you checked into the Grandeur sailings from Tampa? Since the ship was redeployed and not originally scheduled to sail from Tampa the prices were very good for the 5 and 4 night cruises. As a matter of fact the prices were lower for the Grandeur's 5 night cruise in March than what we were paying for 4 nights on the Majesty during the same week. We wound up moving our group and everyone got a refund of approx. $50.00 pp plus an extra day of cruising for free.

Have you checked into the Grandeur sailings from Tampa? Since the ship was redeployed and not originally scheduled to sail from Tampa the prices were very good for the 5 and 4 night cruises. As a matter of fact the prices were lower for the Grandeur's 5 night cruise in March than what we were paying for 4 nights on the Majesty during the same week. We wound up moving our group and everyone got a refund of approx. $50.00 pp plus an extra day of cruising for free.

Go ahead and hurt him! lol

It will hurt in the wallet anyway, and sometimes thats very painful. Good luck.

I really think I should! I should have just gone ahead and booked it. I will NEVER ask him what he thinks again!!!!

Hello! I found some great summer 2006 prices a few months ago but my husband was dragging his feet and now everything is so expensive.

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

The next time you find a good price, book your cruise without hubby's knowledge and/or consent.

A friend of mine has wanted to go on a cruise for years, but when her husband--who is notoriously tight with money--got wind of how much it was going to cost, pitched a fit and she caved in. So now she's miserable (because taking a cruise is something she's always wanted to do) and she's taking it out on him every chance she gets and no one is happy.

My advice is this: when you find a good price (and you may not be able to find one until 2007), book the cruise for two. Tell hubby that it's already paid for and if he doesn't like it, you'll go with someone else. I'm willing to bet he goes along and enjoys himself.

I know what you mean about summer fares being highest...Did you look in early June before other schools get out? It goes up quite a bit in later June & July. We also had to pick a date in July due to school calendar, we booked a 5 night Enchantment last May and the price of our rooms has gone up $150pp since we booked. I know this doesn't help now, but we always book it and figure if we need to canx we lose nothing, booking thru RCI there is no penalty or canx until final payment so we feel like we have nothing to lose. Good luck, keep hunting and you'll find something you can all live with :)

Try calling RCI directly Today. They have some great deals this weekend. Not all there deals are on thier website. On Friday I booked a Aft JS for 3 on the Grandeur 7 night Repositioning cruise Apr 29, 06 For $2217 Total for the 3 of us. The website was $500 more.

But the sale ends today.

Archived