What would you do?

klo0315

We are booked on the 8/27 Breakaway to Bermuda in a mid-ship mini suite. We put in bids for upgrade to H6, H7 and H4.

When looking it seems as though there aren't many H6 or H7 left so our chances are slim on those. We really want haven for this cruise. Would you rebook outright into H4 or wait and see if your bid gets accepted?

Also, I prepaid gratuities and am paid in full so do we just pay difference in fare and gratuities or do they refund whole thing and recharge to credit card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on the 8/27 Breakaway to Bermuda in a mid-ship mini suite. We put in bids for upgrade to H6, H7 and H4.

When looking it seems as though there aren't many H6 or H7 left so our chances are slim on those. We really want haven for this cruise. Would you rebook outright into H4 or wait and see if your bid gets accepted?

Also, I prepaid gratuities and am paid in full so do we just pay difference in fare and gratuities or do they refund whole thing and recharge to credit card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does an H5 meet your needs? I won an upgrade to that with a poor bid. They seem to be plentiful. Haven prices do seem to come down closer to sailing, but if you definitely want one of the larger rooms than obviously the only sure thing is to pay for it at full price.

I once changed ships after I had paid in full and they just charged me the difference. I assume they would do the same for changing categories.

If you really want the Haven, then I would re-book rather than taking a chance of the bidding. My guess is that trip is right around Labor Day so it may really fill up. We sailed around Memorial day and the ship was packed.

And it should be just the difference in the fair/grats you'll pay, they can transfer the balance.

Yes 4 people. Myself, DH and 2 kiddos

Something to keep in mind, depending on when you booked, if you have 3rd/4th free and that is no longer available on the sailing, then you pay full fare for them. So if you do a mock booking, subtract that number from what you originally paid to get the idea for the new price.

I just wanted to throw that out there, since no eve3ryone understands you have to look at the current promos when rebooking like this.