Can we be bumped to a different room?

So we just booked two connecting rooms on the Dream for January 2019. We put four in one cabin (designed for up to 4 people) and 2 in the other one (designed for up to 3). Is there a chance that we could be bumped from the room that could hold 3 people? This would totally mess up the connecting room plan as we are traveling with our four kids!!! Now I'm a little worried after seeing people have been bumped. :(

I doubt it because they are connecting cabins, but is possible if they need a 3 person cabin and you only have 2 people in the cabin. Most of the time, they won't even allow people to book 2 in a 3 person cabin unless you pay for the 3rd person. How did you book, a PVP, TA, online?

I doubt it because they are connecting cabins, but is possible if they need a 3 person cabin and you only have 2 people in the cabin. Most of the time, they won't even allow people to book 2 in a 3 person cabin unless you pay for the 3rd person. How did you book, a PVP, TA, online?

Straight through carnival over the phone. I may call and see if it's a possibility and if so I many move our booking to another conncting combo. They had a 2 and 4 connecting room combo but it was more towards the front of the ship and it's such a long walk to the dining rooms in the back of the ship! So we booked in this combo but I don't want to risk being bumped and then not having the connecting rooms!!

If you have 2 connecting rooms and your 2 bookings have minors, and the agent who made the bookings cross-referenced them correctly, the chances that the Sail Support department would move you are near 0%.

Thanks for all the responses! I called carnival and they did say if they reached capacity and needed the room we could very well indeed by bumped. In that event it would probably be too close to the cruise to find available connecting room :( so we switched to our second pick of connecting rooms that are a 2 and 4 combo and a longer walk to the dining room at the back of the ship but now we don't have to worry for the next year and a half about being bumped.

Thanks for all the responses! I called carnival and they did say if they reached capacity and needed the room we could very well indeed by bumped. In that event it would probably be too close to the cruise to find available connecting room :( so we switched to our second pick of connecting rooms that are a 2 and 4 combo and a longer walk to the dining room at the back of the ship but now we don't have to worry for the next year and a half about being bumped.

It could still work out for you. With rooms in the forward part of the ship you could get assigned to the Crimson dinning room mid-ship instead of the Scarlet dinning room in the Aft. You will also be closer to the Encore Show room.

It could still work out for you. With rooms in the forward part of the ship you could get assigned to the Crimson dinning room mid-ship instead of the Scarlet dinning room in the Aft. You will also be closer to the Encore Show room.

and to be honest the walking isn't exactly the worst. With all that food we will be eating we could use the extra steps !!!

Just off the Dream 4 or 5 weeks ago. Crimson dining room is utilized for the Anytime/My Time Dining, and the Scarlet dining room is for the set time seating (Early/Late). So your assignment is based on which dining option you choose, not your cabin location.

So we just booked two connecting rooms on the Dream for January 2019. We put four in one cabin (designed for up to 4 people) and 2 in the other one (designed for up to 3). Is there a chance that we could be bumped from the room that could hold 3 people? This would totally mess up the connecting room plan as we are traveling with our four kids!!! Now I'm a little worried after seeing people have been bumped. :(

Don't think so but Carnival does not care what we think.

OP you did the right thing by moving now assuring that now you won't be moved and keep the rooms connecting.If they had to move the cabin later might have been an ordeal.

Thank you, that's the exact thing I was thinking. Better to just change it now than possibly deal with a huge headache later.

You've already made the switch so this information isn't really pertinent, however, since you are sailing in January I doubt the ship would reach capacity so you probably would have been fine. I would have taken the risk to get the cabin location I wanted, knowing that there was a possibility of being moved (but a very small risk in my opinion).

If you were sailing over a holiday or school vacation period I would have been worried. January is one of the slowest seasons for cruising.

You've already made the switch so this information isn't really pertinent, however, since you are sailing in January I doubt the ship would reach capacity so you probably would have been fine. I would have taken the risk to get the cabin location I wanted, knowing that there was a possibility of being moved (but a very small risk in my opinion).

If you were sailing over a holiday or school vacation period I would have been worried. January is one of the slowest seasons for cruising.

I understand it for me it isn't worth the stressing for months and then even have the slightest possibility of being moved. If we got down to the wire and we were moved we would most likely not have any possibilty of getting connecting rooms. We were mid ship located more aft and now we are midship located a bit more forward right near the atrium.

I had no idea they would do this. We always book cabins that have a pull out couch in them but we only have two people and have never had a problem with booking or getting bumped. We always cruise in the winter though when less kids are on board.

How do you know the max capacity of each cabin when booking? I hope we don't get bumped out of our booked suites cuz someone else wants to pack it full!

I had no idea they would do this. We always book cabins that have a pull out couch in them but we only have two people and have never had a problem with booking or getting bumped. We always cruise in the winter though when less kids are on board.

How do you know the max capacity of each cabin when booking? I hope we don't get bumped out of our booked suites cuz someone else wants to pack it full!

The website I was looking at told us what each room holds. It's not a huge deal but I wanted to make sure there was a 0% chance of being bumped because it just isn't worth the risk. Now if we were traveling just my husband and myself it wouldn't be a big deal at all. It would make no difference to us. But with having the connecting rooms I don't even want to risk being separated. Like I said too the cabins we moved to are not in a bad location, it was our second pick as we do like being near the atrium it's just a further walk to the activities closer to the aft of the ship.