Warm enough for the pool?

Cruiser Cats

Last year I was on a 10 day cruise during the 2nd & 3rd weeks of May. I thought it was too cool for swimming but a couple days I saw a few people in the pool - the NCL Pearl. With the unpredictable weather in Alaska my guess would be...you never know. ;p Take a swim suit just in case but don't be disappointed if you never use it.

We're going on the Emerald Princess at the end of the month (June 2017) to Alaska. Will it be warm enough to swim in the pool on the ship?

Depends:cool:

You are from WA, so the difference between AZ & AK doesn't apply... (It is not warm enough if you are from the south. IMHO!)

On our early June 2012 cruise, I saw people in the pool. (some were doing the pool/hot tub/pool/hot tub dance) I did not seeing people "laying out."

Now if there is a heat wave... or a cold snap...

We're going on the Emerald Princess at the end of the month (June 2017) to Alaska. Will it be warm enough to swim in the pool on the ship?

You bet, should be! We are from Vancouver, BC so not too far from you and I've swam every time I've cruise to Alaska (June, August, and September) - there will be those people that walked past the pool in big big coats and look at you like you are a CRAZY person, but just own it! hahaha

Depends:cool:

You are from WA, so the difference between AZ & AK doesn't apply... (It is not warm enough if you are from the south. IMHO!)

This is the correct way to answer to any variation of "is it cold?" or "what should I wear?" The answers are questions: "Where are you from?" and "Define cold." :D

I'm from northern Idaho, and on an early July cruise in 2014 considered it to be windbreaker weather, for the most part. My son and daughter-in-law, who live in Las Vegas, considered it to be parka weather.

As for pools, we didn't do any swimming, but we did soak in the hot tub one evening.

We went on the NCL Pearl at the end of June last year. Almost every day we saw at least a few people in the pool. Leaving Seattle it was very warm and the pools had a good crowd in them, including us. The first day at sea we were in the pool in the late afternoon, it was too cool earlier. In Juneau there were some people, mostly kids but it was chilly. We could have gone while in Skagway but we were too busy. The Glacier Bay Day bay was too cool for us and it was raining the day we were in Ketchikan, though it did clear later in the day. We were also in the pool the last day while at sea before we docked in Victoria. Though the pools are heated they had changed the pool water in one of the pools that day and it had not heated up yet, yeah that was a shock when we jumped in from the other pool :)

That said we were there with our then 6yo DD who can't get enough of pools. If it had just been myself and DW we might have done the pool only one day but it was nice enough to go in on the days we did.

when i was on the Radiance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) they heated the pool and it was very nice and warm and yes we were in it watching a movie on the pool deck with my grandson in mid-June; however, getting out it was really COLD! Dont know if the Princess pools are heated in Alaska or not.