Lyft and Uber

AkSusan

Just wanted to let you know that as of yesterday (June 15th), Legislation was signed that will allow Lyft and Uber in Alaska. Lyft started operations yesterday, and, Uber is to start operations today at 3 p.m.

I know they'll be in Anchorage, but, not sure about other cities, but, from the newspaper article I read, it could even be out in areas outside the big cities! https://www.adn.com/business-economy/2017/06/15/uber-and-lyft-are-arriving-in-alaska-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

Last I heard is that they were meeting Anchorage airport officials, working on allowing them to go to and from the airport. They figured they would have that figured out soon. Airport has to figure out how to get their share, like they do with other transportation companies that come onto the airport property.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Lyft also started operations in Fairbanks as soon as they could confirm that Governor Walker had indeed signed the legislation. Local residents were somewhat surprised at the area Lyft will cover. I would have expected a larger area of service, but their service area should be sufficient for the vast number of visitors to Fairbanks.