3 or 4 day cruise

jreeves628

I want to take a 3 or 4 day cruise within the next 3 or 4 months. I just need a little get away to break up the wait to get on the Explorer in September. There doesn't seem to be anything leaving from or near NY, so I guess I'm going to have to fly down to Miami. I'm just trying to be budget conscience... :o Any suggestions?

RCCL Majesty of the Seas is a great cruise in March or April. If you want to take something short during Jan or Feb, I suggest Carnival Fascination to Cozumel because it is so much warmer during the winter months. The Bahamas can be cooler (70's) between Jan-mid Feb. Cozumel is usually in mid 80's during those months.

The reason you don't see any ships out of NY is because they move south for the winter. They usually go back up north around May when the weather gets warm. As far as your choice for 3 or 4 days....I would suggest the Enchantment of the Seas 4 night cruise because the ship has been refurbished as well as an extention added to it. You also get a day at sea which is not offered on a 3-night cruise.. One other thing, usually older ships do the 3 day cruises. I personally like the newer ships less than 10 years old. The 4 night Enchantment goes out on a Thursday and comes back on a Monday. Nice get-away for a weekend.

We just booked Grandeur of the Seas out of Tampa for 2/2/05 It's much cheaper for us to fly there and it's a great port for easy embarkation/debarkation. We, too, just wanted to relax and not worry about making arrangements for shore excursions. Only one port (Cozumel) where we'll either do a bit of shopping or spend a few hours on a beach (not already ravaged by Wilma). Fun in the sun!

I would absolutely do a 4 night over a 3 night given the opportunity!

Grandeur does have great rates for her 4 night sailings out of Tampa. The Enchantment 4 night would also be on the top of my list. Neither Grandeur or Enchantment does 3 night sailings. Sovereign and Majesty would be your options out of Florida for a 3 night.

The cheapest dates in the next few months seem to be the first half of December and then all of January. Rates seem to be higher during February, March and April (winter/spring breaks?)

Have fun planning and have a great cruise! :)

It is really hard to pass up the cruise rates that are being published right now for last minute cruises - the Majesty especially, even though the ship is old and the rooms are small. If you are looking for a great cruise at an unbelievable value and can get good airfare book it before the snow starts creating havoc with the airlines.

I just did two 3-day cruises with RCL in the past two months! I just couldn't pass up those rates. Last month was on the Empress of the Seas out of San Juan and last week I was on the Majesty out of Miami. The highlight of the Majesty cruise is stopping at their private island CocoCay (if the day is nice).

I want to take a 3 or 4 day cruise within the next 3 or 4 months. I just need a little get away to break up the wait to get on the Explorer in September. There doesn't seem to be anything leaving from or near NY, so I guess I'm going to have to fly down to Miami. I'm just trying to be budget conscience... :o Any suggestions?

I don't know if it matters to you the itinerary or just being on a ship?....Carnival is doing some 4 and 5 day cruises out of NY just going to New England...

Carnival's New England cruises aren't until June and JREEVES628 wants to go somewhere in the next 3-4 months and be "budget conscience". Cheapest flights from NY I think would be to any of the ports in Florida and to do it now before the X-mas travel or in January (but then you may experience flight delays due to snow). Both RCL and Carnival are posting great rates now - especially Western Caribbean because of hurricane damage in Conzumel. I prefer the RCL Bahamas cruise because of the private island stop. If you also want to save your vacation time then do the 3-day as that would include the weekend so you would only have to take off two days if you work Mon-Fri. Saving more time for more cruises later! :)

Checkout Norwegian and Holland America lines, as well as the Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth 2 on the Cunard Line if you are looking for a winter cruise. RCCL has Explorer sailing through November.

The reason you don't see any ships out of NY is because they move south for the winter. They usually go back up north around May when the weather gets warm. As far as your choice for 3 or 4 days....I would suggest the Enchantment of the Seas 4 night cruise because the ship has been refurbished as well as an extention added to it. You also get a day at sea which is not offered on a 3-night cruise.. One other thing, usually older ships do the 3 day cruises. I personally like the newer ships less than 10 years old. The 4 night Enchantment goes out on a Thursday and comes back on a Monday. Nice get-away for a weekend.

Archived