Liberty June 11-18 2017 Mini Review

My wife, two daughters 14/16 and two family friends just got back today from a great week on the Liberty. Here is a general review of our experiences.

Pre-cruise: We drove from the Dallas area. Stayed at the Hampton Inn in League City. 25 minute drive to the port. Nice hotel. Near last minute shopping.

Drove to Gaidos for dinner. Not as good as the last time, but not horrible. Will try something different next time.

Check In: Smooth and quick. Got on around noon. Parked in a garage outside the port. Worth it.

Teen program: 14yr 11month old was able to waiver up to 15-17 group with older sister. It would have been a disappointing week if that was not possible. They had a blast. Out til curfew every night.

Food: Hit and miss in the MDR and WJ. Giovanni's was the best 21 (x2) dollars we spent. An amazing meal. I had the Osso Bucco and the wife had the filet. We will go twice on the next cruise.

Drink Package: Worth it.

Entertainment: Enjoyed all the shows. Adult themed comedian was really good.

Roatan: Rony's Tours was top notch. We had a driver for the day. Zip line and monkey/sloth farm at Mayan Jungle. Enjoyed by all.

Costa Maya: Segway tour and beach time. That was fun.

Cozumel: Stayed onboard.

NextCruise: Booked Explorer Alaska for next June. Good discount and OBC.

Disembarking: We were in group 29 UGH! Didn't get called until 10:35. Pretty smooth from there.

All in all a great time had by all.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

... NextCruise: Booked Explorer Alaska for next June. Good discount and OBC.

When you say "discount", are you saying you were able to book the cruise for less than the price shown on Royal's website ?

When you say "discount", are you saying you were able to book the cruise for less than the price shown on Royal's website ?

Bob,

Maybe there was a promotion running, but when I got home yesterday and priced it out, it was several hundred less then current prices.

Bob,

Maybe there was a promotion running, but when I got home yesterday and priced it out, it was several hundred less then current prices.

Reason I asked is that it's very rare (only once I can remember) when booking on board had an actual discount over booking via Royal's website. I wonder if the difference was a balcony discount that somehow did not get taken into account when doing a mock booking on the website.

Can you tell us what type of deserts they had at the Promenade Cafe? I was on Liberty in October and the selection was horrible compared to every other RCL cruise I've been on, or at least very taste specific and repetitive.

Also do you know if there was a silent dance party? They seem to be throughout the fleet, but Liberty didn't have one in October.