Norwegian Jade to Hamburg

Siobhanl

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone who did the mini cruise to

Hamburg early June can tell me if there is nice scenery on approach to Hamburg.

Ship is meant to dock at 8am so really want to know if it's worth getting up very early to see scenery etc and if so how early?

Thanks

It's okay, although as you get closer some of it is more the industrial port and not so scenic. I wouldn't personally get out of bed for it.

The departure from Southampton is a better view, in my opinion. I stayed in the Spa (otherwise empty) and enjoyed the view straight over the bow, lit by the sunset. Surprisingly impressive.

here is a video, different way, from hamburg ( cruise terminal altona ) to Cuxhaven.

Blankenese ( 4:28min ) ist great and i like the hamburg port.

Not on the Jade but with Aida Prima to hamburg back two month ago. We were at midnight at cuxhafen, here beginns the river elbe. the lotse came here on board. from cuxhafen to hamburg the ship needs about 4-5 hours. Aida Prima was earlier in hamburg. with daylight the sailaway from hamburg is great.

This is not to talk you out of it at all, b/c I found the approach to Hamburg surprisingly interesting. Not in person--but I've been watching the Jade's bow cam quite a lot lately (mostly for the fjords).

Jade has been arriving early lately. On June 4th, Jade got to Hamburg around 6:30am. And on the 13th, it got there just after 6am.

You can check the cam on the upcoming Hamburg mornings around 6am CET:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Norwegian_Jade_Summer_2017.pdf

Or if you aren't awake/available to do that, you can also check this link, later on during the Hamburg days:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/itineraries/all/shipid:368774/mmsi:308416000/shipname:NORWEGIAN%20JADE