Amsterdam question - Is Rokin still torn up with street construction?

We will be staying pre-cruise in Amsterdam Sept. 1-4, 2017. In looking at google images - it appears that Rokin is still torn up from the Amstel up to Dam square. Is this still the case? Starting to map out what we are going to do for 3 days - and I don't know if I should still be avoiding this area. I am going to a couple of things on Nes - so I do know a way around. Thanks for any info.

Mister White

I havenot been to Amsterdam myself recently but checked with some friends. These are their replies:

Not been down that way for a week or so but Rokin is not as much of a mess as it was. Still signs of construction but lots of the bars along there not have outside seating on the area that used to be fenced in.

All of the tunnelling was finished some time ago and most of the work ongoing is to finish off the stations (which look very nice btw).

and

I would even go so far as to say Rokin is not a mess either. Some above ground fencing off to one side in one small section for equipment but everything is open and accessible and there's no above ground work going on.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. It was a great help. BTW: I see you are on the Koningsdam this August. I sailed on her Feb. of this year. marvelous ship. If you have sailed HAL before - you will notice many changes on the Koningsdam - all for the good! Thanks again!

Thanks for the info. It was a great help. BTW: I see you are on the Koningsdam this August. I sailed on her Feb. of this year. marvelous ship. If you have sailed HAL before - you will notice many changes on the Koningsdam - all for the good! Thanks again!

Yes we have sailed some HAL ships in the past, a.o. Eurodam and the smaller ships. We have visited Nieuw Amsterdam, but it will be the 1st time on Koningsdam. Just hope we feel at home at the big ship too. Some friends love it, others not so much.