Commodore on the Beach

brcris75

in Galveston. Has anyone stayed here? What can you tell me? Was it clean? Is the parking "safe"? Rates are great with free parking, but I've been duped before by internet bookings so I'm a little skeptical. Would feel better having a hands-on opinion! :)

I will only tell you that - I would not stay there!

Very informative. :rolleyes: Why not?!

The Commodore is one of the places we considered for our Dec 2004 cruise out of Galveston. We live 30 miles away and personally checked out several hotels. The only reason we didn't stay here is because they were requiring a 2-night stay for the weekend we wanted. We ended up with a great cruise rate at the Hilton.

I don't recall any negative reviews on the Commodore on this board. Most seem to say it is minimal but clean. All rooms have a balcony with an ocean view. The decor is 1970's retro.

Hopefully you will get a reply from someone who has actually stayed there but I would certainly consider it for a place to stay pre-cruise.

Archived