Sun aft facing penthouse 9276

I am going to be on the Sun next week to Alaska in room number 9276. I have a few questions

When I booked the room it did not say anything about being a "disabled" room, but I was just looking at the floor plans and the room is labeled as one. I am hoping that I will not get to the pier and get told that I have been moved to a different room because my parents and I are not disabled. What are the chances of this happening?

Has anyone been in this room recently and can tell me what it looks like? I found some photos but I think that they are from before it was in dry dock. I will be sharing the room with my parents and I am hoping that it still has the walk through bathroom and the door between the bedroom and the living room as this was the main reason that we chose this room. (I am a night owl and my parents prefer to go to bed earlier)

I know that I am overthinking this and I need to just relax but I could really use some reassurance.

We will be in this cabin in a few weeks, so I'd love to hear recent experiences as well. It definitely wasn't listed as a disabled room when we booked it. Like the OP, we chose this room for the privacy aspect of having a separate bedroom as we will be traveling with our 19 year old son. I really hope they haven't changed the layout.

I cruised in 9076 twice, which is the mirror image. It is a great suite and even greater balcony. There are doors to the balcony from the living room and the bedroom.

The bathroom is lovely. There is access from the bedroom and living room. It is like a hallway/passthru. I had the bedroom and my mom the living room. I am an early bird and I would shower and leave through the bathroom door which is up by the suite entrance. There is a short hallway to the living room so I was able to leave quietly.

Some other points:

1. There are 2 thermostats. We did not realize until day 2 last time.

2. A little duct tape on the shower door kept it quiet.

3. This suite had no dining table. I would have ensuite dining for one on the side table. Otherwise someone else could eat at the desk.

4. There is a nice closet in the bedroom and a second closet in the area between the bedroom and bathroom. There is a door there.

5. There is a nice spot right insided the door to leave your keycards.

You will love the suite dining venue for breakfast and lunch. The atmosphere is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our very first NCL cruise was on the Sun in aft facing suite 9076.... mirror image of your stateroom. We shared it with my mom and stepdad and it was fine for the four of us. Having entrances from both the bedroom and the living room to the wonderful balcony and two entrances to the bathroom made it very convenient for four.

Here are links to two youtube videos of 8277 aft facing suite directly below yours.

This video was done October 2016 and shows the old decor

This one was done December 2016 and shows the new decor

Have a wonderful cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to be on the Sun next week to Alaska in room number 9276. I have a few questions

When I booked the room it did not say anything about being a "disabled" room, but I was just looking at the floor plans and the room is labeled as one. I am hoping that I will not get to the pier and get told that I have been moved to a different room because my parents and I are not disabled. What are the chances of this happening?

Has anyone been in this room recently and can tell me what it looks like? I found some photos but I think that they are from before it was in dry dock. I will be sharing the room with my parents and I am hoping that it still has the walk through bathroom and the door between the bedroom and the living room as this was the main reason that we chose this room. (I am a night owl and my parents prefer to go to bed earlier)

I know that I am overthinking this and I need to just relax but I could really use some reassurance.

I was wondering how you liked the cabin and if it really had been remodeled to a Disabled one. We will be there in another week, so I'm curious what you found.

Thanks!

It was on my bucket list to cruise in one of these two suites, and I'm proud to say I've been able to cross it off already. My sister moved us to it as a surprise to her three sisters, and we enjoyed it more than I can say. It's one of the best suites in the fleet and has an amazing balcony.

So don't worry, and enjoy your cruise in this exemplary suite! I'm jealous!!!!