Captain's Club vs. Crown & Anchor, I'm SO confused!

rucruisn2

Thanks for that bit of info re upgrades. I thought that I was supposed to be able to get an upgrade and asked our CA about it. We'd put in a request for a balcony (on the Feb Mercury cruise) but had to book an outside cabin. When we got to the port, I asked about this and was told that the only thing one could get was moved into a different location within the same category, or something like that--something that didn't make any sense and certainly didn't meet the definition *I* thought an upgrade had.

So, to get this right, I should ask my CA about this when I book--like if I book a midship cabin I should pay for the next lower category cabin within the SAME kind of cabin (balcony=balcony, outside deluxe= o.d.)?

IF my CA didn't know about the details before, she will when/if I book another Celebrity cruise.

So' date=' to get this right, I should ask my CA about this when I book--like if I book a midship cabin I should pay for the next lower category cabin within the SAME kind of cabin (balcony=balcony, outside deluxe= o.d.)?

IF my CA didn't know about the details before, she will when/if I book another Celebrity cruise.[/quote']

To answer your question, you have the idea right for Celebrity Captains Club upgrades. However- captains club upgrades are only available for ocean view or inside - NOT balconies, concierge class, or suites.

Also the upgrade must be within the same kind of cabin (oceanview or inside)- you cannot upgrade from an inside to an oceanview so there is no sense in picking out the lowest inside or oceanview category cabin.

Example: For our Zenith cruise coming up, we selected an oceanview cabin category 4 but paid the price for a category 5 cabin. For our past Millie transatlantic, we selected a balcony cabin and therefore were not entitled to an upgrade as the captains club upgrades do not apply to balcony cabins.

Archived