Teens 14 and 17 on Navigator...

Guest hockeychic

Guest hockeychic

Is there any of the clubs these 2 age groups can be together???

I am a overprotective parent and would like them together.

Would the 14 year old be able to move up or the 17 year old down a age group....not that the 17 year old would want to but just curious.

Thank you

kim

Now that you are asking.....

I have two boys, ages 14 and 17. I'm sort of glad they will not be together as they would be too competitive! LOL.

However, I have wondered what the "separation" is between the two groups? I get the impression, though I may be wrong, from reading RCI website that the only difference is in the organized activities, but that the lounge and the disco are probably open to both at the same time? Is it only the organized group activities where they really separate these two age groups? They don't have separate lounges and discos do they?

These two age groups are mostly separated on the Navigator because that ship has 3 designated teen areas (living room, back deck and the fuel night club). During non-scheduled activites these age groups are free to mix and mingle in the teen areas, but especially during the "late-night" hours these 2 age groups are separated and will have separate dance club hours. The staff is very strict about this and actually "card" the teens using a combination of identifying marks on their sea pass cards (hole punches and minor status) and compare the cards to a printed roster based on information provided in the boarding process pre-cruise.

Even on the Radiance (where there is only 1 teen facility) this past week my 15 year daughter was not allowed to enter the Optix nightclub during the 12-14 year olds' "disco" session...this is awkward because being 15 she makes friends in both age groups, but the organized activites are definitely separate...unless perhaps in a case when there are very, very few teens on board.

Archived