A lot to be thankful for. 20/11/05 Crossing

timonier

Having read and learned from the collected wisdom of the board, I feel it

only fair that I relate my experience on board. In a two words “ Near perfection”

Weather excellent, (an outdoor lunch in late November), accommodations were great (obstructed view balcony), food incredibly good for a dining room of its size, staff were professional and human at the same time.

Mr. Price the CD did a good job of walking the line from genial host to authoritative mouthpiece. True, he might add a few more superlatives to his lexicon than “fantastic and fabulous” and add a wink and a nod to his “give us excellent ratings” pitch, but all in all he was fine.

The only flaw in the experience was that contrary to pre-cruise info there were 3 not 2 formal nights. The missus had to recycle a beautiful gown and I get a second night out of a tux shirt but, hardly an inconvenience.

The King’s Court gets slammed but seating was plentiful and you only wandered around looking if you insisted on a sea view table.

As to the ship itself? Well done. Some nits: Is it really necessary to have the words Grand Lobby carved in the balcony? And with the setup of the art auction, the Winter Garden gets underutilized. And that mural or whatever you call it with the pink flamingoes shows, shall we say, a lapse in taste.

Entertainment was fine. The opening night all-white gospel choir number had me laughing but it could be that I was tired.

Would I do again? As soon as a tempting Sailmail comes my way.

Thanks all for your tips and bon voyage to all who are soon to be

headed out

Tim

“ Near perfection”...Weather excellent

Tim

Tim - thanks for posting your thoughts - and your opening paragraphs capture in a nutshell one of the lovely things about this board - the range of different expectations of what makes for an enjoyable crossing - I would agree with you - except I'd put about 12 hours of 'Force 9 Gales' in the middle somewhere;) .

Peter

Tim, its so nice to see some postive notes on the QM. I TOTALLY enjoyed my crossing last July and would ONLY use the QM to cross the pond back and forth if I could afford it ...each year. My experience was almost perfect, so its nice to see others feel the same.

Archived