Jack Williams email

emptynest1

I tried to search for this, but the search function is not working.

I have an issue with our cruise to Bermuda last week and would like his email to use should customer service not satisfy me. I would also like to commend him for a wonderful cruise(with the exception of the one problem which I am addressing to customer service first)

Thank you

cool1.gif

You are right, perhaps a letter would be more formal. I will see how customer service takes care of me before going to the top. I will take all the steps in the chain of command, but it is nice to know how to reach the top should I need to.

cool1.gif

And EN - Don't settle for anything less than a Free Cruise and a New Set of Luggage!

Cruise Cat

Vision of the Seas - 20003

Rhapsody of the Seas - 2002

Inspiration - 2001

Jubilee - 1999

<MARQUEE>..........................THANK GOD FOR THE MAN WHO PUT THE WHITE LINES ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!...................<MARQUEE>

P.S. - Be sure to tell them that you are a friend of Newt's! That should get you some prompt service!

Cruise Cat

Vision of the Seas - 20003

Rhapsody of the Seas - 2002

Inspiration - 2001

Jubilee - 1999

<MARQUEE>..........................THANK GOD FOR THE MAN WHO PUT THE WHITE LINES ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!...................<MARQUEE>

I wasn't going to elaborate about this incident until Royal Caribbean customer service had a chance to make me happy. I am not asking for anything but the replacement of a large Tumi bag and a pair of shoes. Let me start at the beginning

I was in a CC cabin and my luggage arrived to the cabin while I was at the buffet. I arrived at my cabin to see a large rolling Tumi wrapped in tape, the wheels broken, the handle broken, the side torn off, the zipper inoperable(which didn't make a difference since everything came out the side anyway).I really have a hard time describing the extent of damage, it is really something you must see to appreciate. I called cuctomer service on board and they sent the cabin steward to retrieve the bag. I walked it down to the guest relations desk along with the shoes and a silk shirt that had tar on it. It was literally in pieces. Guest relations took the shirt to the laundry, and noted the extent of damage. I asked how I was to return home. The reply was to buy a bag in Bermuda and give them the reciept. Well, I am unlike most women in that I did not go to shop, I went to Bermuda to snorkle, so I informed GR that I was not going shopping and they sent someone out to buy a bag for me much to their credit.

I was told that a report would be filed and to follow up when I returned home about reimbursement.

My husband just got off the phone with RC customer service, he would not let me talk to them after I was told we would have to send the shoes to Miami, and take the bag to a Tumi dealer for an estimate. I don't mind proving damage, but I had alredy been to guest relation on the ship and they saw everything, so I am upset that I now have to go through the aggrivation of shipping shoes and driving an hour each way to the Tumi dealer.

COLD, automatons were hired by Royal Caribben to handle customer service.

I am a select captains club member, and this is how I am treated. What do they do to first time cruisers with a complaint.

Time for me to peruse Crystal before the final payment on the Nov cruise.

cool1.gif

emptynest1,

Was there/is there any explanation of how your luggage got that way? That's amazing that it was so damaged.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Premier Big Red Boat II – 7 Night New York to Canada/New England, August 2000

Regal Empress – 5 Night New York to Canada/New England, August 2001

Celebrity Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002

Celebrity Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003

Celebrity Infinity –7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004

Celebrity Zenith – 7 Night New York to Bermuda, August 2004

Emptynest,

It is amazing how the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! We went through quite an ordeal with the post office in regards to an insured package. We physically carried the damaged package to the post office and they kept asking for proof!

I certainly hope you get this all settled without too much aggravation! It is certainly inexcusable to be treated like that. I guess the onboard customer service must not have enough pull to convince the upper powers that they can assess damage!

Good Luck!

Emptynest1, I have had this happen with the airlines before (not on a cruise) but you may just be able to go to a luggage store that also does repairs, for an estimate. That could save you the drive to the Tumi dealer. I think the cruise line just needs to know the value of the piece before you are reimbersed.

Stefanie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise on the pride

Emptynest:

Check your documents to see the maximum RCL would pay for your suitcase. I know Tumi luggage is not exactly inexpensive.

What they have asked you to do is SOP for the cruiselines... any cruiseline. It gets bumped from CS... to Insurance (or Risk Assessment as some lines call it).

Then, file with your travel insurer. You did buy insurance???

Then check your home owners policy.

Did you bring your luggage to the pier from the airport or hotel? Or was your luggage transferred directly from the airport to the pier?

I have done everything right. I drove to the pier so there was no transfer except from my car to the porters.

I have trip insurance to cover what Celebrity will not pay.

My problem is that I have proven the damage. I showed this bag and shoes to everyone in guest relations, the Hotel manager and anyone that happened to be near me. I have a letter signed by the Hotel manager stating the damage.

And now I have to prove more. But the most frustrating is the attitude of Risk management. They don't care about my story, they don't care about the loss, and they don't care that I am a loyal customer. I feel like a problem someone would like to get rid of. I am person with feelings.

cool1.gif

Emptynest, I'm curious. In your description of what took place, you mention Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines twice and in your last message you said it was Celebrity - which lines did you cruise?

Carol

Carol, Royal Caribbean is the parent company for Celebrity. While on ship I spoke with Celebrity guest relations, now I have to deal with RC customer service.

I forgot to thank all those who have given advice. Ocn, your wealth of knowledge is immeasureable. Now tell me how to get RC to treat me nicely.

cool1.gif

RCL corporate is Risk Asssessment for both lines.

They will use depreciation schedules to work out the amount to be sent... which won't be enough.

I'd call my travel insurer.. and ask them if their coverage is primary or secondary. If primary, kiss RCL goodbye.. and file with the travel insurer. If secondary coverage, you'll have to wait for RCL.

Home owner's.. depends what type of coverage you have. I should think, most people have actual "replacement value".

Did you call Tumi??? Funny... I have a 30 year old Lark garment bag.. which has more miles on it than I care to count. But all the while I was using it.. anytime something happened.. a rip...a bad grommet... I just sent it to Lark.. and they fixed it.. no charge.

What about Tumi?

Ocn, thanks.

My travel insurance is secondary and I am sure I will have to file with them eventually.

I purchased the Tumi with a guarantee that it would be repaired if damaged. I wouldn't file a claim for the usual wear and tear, but this bag is a TOTAL loss. I hate to stick it to Tumi when the cruiseline did the damage. No bag could have stood up to whatever they did to it.

I would like RC to stand up and say this was negligent care and we will take care of the problem. So far , I have been made to feel like I am at fault and if I want to be compensated for the damage they did then I have to jump through all their hoops.

I DID NOTHING WRONG.

If someone would just say I am sorry for your loss , we will replace it, then I would feel good.

cool1.gif

My husband asked to speak to a supervisor yesterday. We are waiting for a call back. My husband is very diplomatic which is why he is speaking with them. I would have used every 4 letter word in the book by now.

10 Nuts, The people on board were very sympathetic. Of course they were face to face with the damage and me. Celebrity dry cleaned the shirt, and got a bag for me to use to get home.

Royal Caribbean is where I find the cold heartless attitude. THEY DON'T CARE.

cool1.gif

I am having a really hard time not speaking my mind to someone who refers to a company as cold heartless for not getting excited over a "Tumi Bag." Yes it is poor customer service. Yes they should respond in a more customer friendly manner. But "cold heartless?"

I am not refering to their attitude towards the bag, I am refering to how I have been spoken to and treated. I am a consumer who has spent my hard earned money with their product, and I deserve to be treated with respect, not with the attitude conveyed that I am trying to get something for nothing and I am in the wrong.

I would call that cold and heartless.

Call it what you like.

cool1.gif

Archived