Any new reviews of the Voyager's repo cruise.....

How were the waters sailing down to Labadee this time of year? Thinking of taking a cruise out of Cape Liberty but was a little concern about rough waters. We sailed once out of New York about 3 years ago and we had awful waters. I mean I have bever been in waters that rough before and we haven't sailed from NY since. What were the temperatures in Aruba & Curacao and Labadee. Were the waters warm enough to comfortably take a swim. Were there many shore excursions this time of year? Were there any beach close to the pier in Curacao? Were there supposed to have been other ports but due to hurricanes but got cancelled?

Hi,

We just got back from voyager repo cruise from bayonne, new jersey to labadee, aruba and miami. it was about 20 degrees and freezing when we left about 6 pm on the 18th from bayonne, but we stayed outside to see the ship pass under the verazonno bridge--- it was spectacular! In about a day and a half we were in warm temps off the carolinas, headed for labadee. the seas were slight, only 1-3 ft. and not a lot of rolling. we have done christmas- new year's cruises and water in the caribbean was very rough. This was fine the whole time, but somewhat windy--- not terrible. The temps in labadee had been averaging about 95 degrees; I think we had around that--- it was sunny and beautiful. the water was a bit cooler than it was when we were there in august, but refreshing and we stayed in the water floating on mats most of the day.

Aruba happened to be a sunny day also with temps in the mid to upper 80's. The only time I really felt the ship's movement was in the first night or so as we headed south. but that is true even when i go in the summer out of florida. water was refreshing in aruba; we again spent most of the day floating on mats. This whole week (8 nights) was sunny and warm, but not excessively hot like it sometimes is in the summer.

Barb

Archived