Star Princess Alaska CRUISETOUR...flying one day early to Princess Riverside Lodge

kodidog

Hi....not sure how many reading this have booked an extra night at Princess Riverside Lodge and flown into Fairbanks one day before the official start of their cruisetour, but if you've done this, I need your help!

I was told that when we arrive, a Princess Rep is at the airport and would give us keys etc. for the Lodge room, but that was BEFORE we decided to fly in the day previous to the 'official' tour starting.

Does anyone know if they will still do that for us? (Our TA booked thru Princess to get the extra room night.)

My experience was that there was not, nor is there normally extra night availability during cruise tour season. I did try this. We ended up staying downtown and then paying for transportation to the lodge to check in for the first night of our cruise tour.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

We have booked an extra and we have been advised that they will meet us when our plane gets in.

We too booked an extra night. My cruise personalizer shows the transfer is included.

I too am interested in hearing from someone who has done this before for logistics.

On the tour now...just left Fairbanks today and we are at Denali now. Our tour started July 4th but since our flight arrived at 2AM on the 4th, we booked the night of the 3rd also. Princes reps were at the airport (as were RCCL, Holland America, Norwegian) to greet the flight. We were able to go right to room with our luggage when we got to hotel

On the tour now...just left Fairbanks today and we are at Denali now. Our tour started July 4th but since our flight arrived at 2AM on the 4th, we booked the night of the 3rd also. Princes reps were at the airport (as were RCCL, Holland America, Norwegian) to greet the flight. We were able to go right to room with our luggage when we got to hotel

Thanks for taking the time from your trip to answer this. :)

Hope your tour is wonderful!!!

Thank you for the helpful information, everyone! It's a relief to know we won't be 'floundering' in Alaska the first night when we arrive late. (Do they even HAVE flounders there? ;p)

Thanks for taking the time from your trip to answer this. :)

Hope your tour is wonderful!!!

I realize that pedirn is enjoying all the beauty of Alaska right now, and I do not know when you are going, txwriter.....but when and if you see this query, I'd love to know two things...

1) Were either of you on the Connoisseur Tour, and

2) Had you previously booked the Princess Shuttle to your Lodge?

When I asked my TA .....like the Princess Lodge Agent online told me to do...about this very circumstance that I originally posted, she said she was told that if we take a cab to the Lodge, we will not see a Princess Rep until the next morning.

She seems to constantly end up on the phone with Princess for '45 minutes' every time I ask her a new question...sigh....and then gets a less than satisfactory answer (for me, anyway LOL). I have found that coming here for the information is so much more helpful...once I find the right people to ask. ;p

I realize that pedirn is enjoying all the beauty of Alaska right now, and I do not know when you are going, txwriter.....but when and if you see this query, I'd love to know two things...

When I asked my TA .....like the Princess Lodge Agent online told me to do...about this very circumstance that I originally posted, she said she was told that if we take a cab to the Lodge, we will not see a Princess Rep until the next morning.

She seems to constantly end up on the phone with Princess for '45 minutes' every time I ask her a new question...sigh....and then gets a less than satisfactory answer (for me, anyway LOL). I have found that coming here for the information is so much more helpful...once I find the right people to ask. ;p

Not on Connoisseur tour. Just regular tour. Also did not take meal plan, did it on our own. As for transfer...it is included with your hotel stay...always is with Princess or always has been for every Princess pre and post cruise tours we booked. If you go to cruise personalizer and pull up itinerary there will be a list of days for tour and cruise. Just click on each day and all information regarding transfers, hotels, tours will be listed. You will have to buy transfers to airport if you are not on post cruise.

Alaska is beautiful. It is out fifth time but first time doing land tour. Actually sitting in lobby of Mt McKinley Lodge using internet. Denali is out so we are part of the 30% club.

As for lodges...no air conditioning which was not a problem until last night when it seemed warm in room. Each room has had a small oscillating fan in closet if needed. Stayed at Fairbanks Princess, Denali Princess and Mt McKinley lodges. First two had internet in room but not this one. Internet also seems to run slow like on the ship. Bogs down during peak hours.

Train to ship today and boarding for cruise portion. Will be good to in pack fully.

Chris

Thanks so much pedirn! Lucky you to be a 30%er. :D

We have checked our personalizer and the only thing we can see there in itinerary regarding the Lodge is check in/out time etc. I don't know....perhaps something will pop up later.... :o

I guess another question I SHOULD have asked is if you or others who had transport included, actually used the EZair program.;)

Thanks so much pedirn! Lucky you to be a 30%er. :D

We have checked our personalizer and the only thing we can see there in itinerary regarding the Lodge is check in/out time etc. I don't know....perhaps something will pop up later.... :o

I guess another question I SHOULD have asked is if you or others who had transport included, actually used the EZair program.;)

No EZair. Used FF miles. As for transfers to lodges....if purchased through Princess. included. When I get to a place with free internet I will try and look up exact page in Princess brochure for you.

Chris

Thank you again, pedirn....you are being so helpful. I hope your cruise and tour have been all that you were expecting!:D

It is frustrating for us....as the lodges say to deal with our TA and our TA is not being particularly helpful with this, but I will deal with whatever we find once we arrive at Fairbanks Airport. ;) It just would be nice to have it all tucked away in the back of my mind, warm and settled. LOL

I'd love to know two things...

1. Yes, we are booked on connoisseur cruisetour beginning May 2018. However, we had originally booked a non-connoisseur tour 2017 but had to cancel just before final payment.

2. Transfers are automatically included in cruisetours, so yes, we had booked shuttle before adding extra night.

You may want to go to Alaska board and search Fairbanks Riverside Lodge, or just ask there. I know I've read people's reports of doing this on there before.

We also flew into Fairbanks a day early for our cruisetour in Sept. 2016. My records show that we paid $14.50 per person for transfers to the Fairbanks Riverside Lodge. We felt it was worth it since it was quite late (actually early in the wee hours of the morning!) when we arrived. As I recall, they provided all the documentation needed to check in so that we could proceed directly to our rooms. (We had a regular tour, not a connoisseur tour.)

Edited by Cruisen Elf
Clarification