Complementary kids menu in specialty restaurants?

Angela61280

I noticed on the ncl booking for dining (which I'm more than slightly frustrated with at the moment.. grrr) that it states that there is a complementary children's menu or the child can order from the menu and incur dining fees. How does this work? Anyone know what's on this kids menu? My little is a chicken nugget, pizza child lol.

My 6 yr DS loves Going to restaurants such as Teppanyaki.. but won't eat the food. Also curious how I book 2 adults and a child for the complementary menu (if I'm reading this right). I'm running into the issue all over the place that there arent available reservations for 2, but tons for 3 people.. my fault for booking late I suppose, but planning all this is stressing me out, doesn't feel so freestyle to me :/ just sayin.

Thanks in advance for everyone's insight!!

Terms State: "children may order off of our complimentary children’s menu in any of our specialty restaurants at no charge, or they may order from the main specialty restaurant menu and pay the full cover charge."

We did Teppanyaki with both our rugrats (8 and 5) on Pearl last week. Both sat around the table with the grown-ups. My wife and I had our dinners covered under the SDP. We paid the full adult cover price for our son, as he ordered from the adult menu [$35 for a few bites of steak. But we sort of knew that's how that was going to go]. Our daughter got the kids menu, which is the same in every restaurant on the ship. Hot dogs, chicken fingers, pizza (I think -- we never got past either hot dogs or chicken fingers), and maybe one other dish. On Pearl the kids food is brought to wherever you are from the main kitchen on Deck 6. That meant it could take awhile, and they wanted the kids orders put in early.

So I'd say go ahead and reserve however many seats you want for people to sit there, and when you check in with the host just indicate your little will be eating off the kids menu. It's quite seamless in practice.

There are many more reservation "spots" that can be made onboard or via the ship's wifi/iConcierge app while you are waiting in the terminal (if you can get a signal).

The online reservations are only about 30% of the available reservations.

As for Teppanyaki, it's fine if the kids only eat from the Kids' Menu (see below) but you should place their order as soon as you arrive or are seated. It will take a while to get their food.

Norwegian-Cruise-Kids-Menu-86.jpg

Edited by Two Wheels Only