Grand Cayman Review

Coolcruise02

We are just back from the 11/17 Century sailing. We took the bus to Cemetery Beach. After reading on here about the bus we got off the tender and walked one block to the intersection and turned left and walked one block and on the right is a small bright blue building with a Bus Depot sign in front. Someone posted that there is a bus stop around the pier area but I did not see it, and wanted to get away from the taxi/excursion people. The bus (vans) leave every 15 min and it was $2.50pp to Cemetery Beach. It is at the far end of Seven Mile Beach but before the Turtle Farm.

The snorkeling was not good close to shore, but my husband swam out about 100' and it was clear with fish. I found a lot of sea glass close to shore.

There are no restrooms,showers or food but there are trees for shade.

When we were done we walked back out to the road and waited less than 10 min for the next bus.

Back at the tender pier we got our passports stamped. The customs office is in an unmarked door, so just ask where it is. They were very nice about stamping it.

Sea glass is broken glass pieces probably from beer or wine bottles that have been tumbled smooth by the waves against rocks and sand. Green and brown are the most common colors, but sometimes you are lucky and find other colors. Some artist use them for jewelry and other crafts. I put them in a jar in the sun. :)

Sea glass is broken glass pieces probably from beer or wine bottles that have been tumbled smooth by the waves against rocks and sand. Green and brown are the most common colors, but sometimes you are lucky and find other colors. Some artist use them for jewelry and other crafts. I put them in a jar in the sun. :)

Wow, that sounds interesting. I'll have to look for some when we are there. :)

Archived