Packing/Luggage Cubes

Packing cubes are just for organization. If you want more space use a compression sack.
Compression sacks are for my sleeping bag and other camp essentials- when I don't care if I am a bit wrinkled :) I love my eBags packing cubes and did buy them for my DH and DS. DH uses them DS would rather just dump everything in his duffle.

Packing cubes are just for organization. If you want more space use a compression sack.

I've never used them, and won't be buying them. I do see where they would help with organizing things, but I don't see how they will allow 'me' to get more into my suitcase.

I roll my clothes and believe me I pack it tight.

I've never used them, and won't be buying them. I do see where they would help with organizing things, but I don't see how they will allow 'me' to get more into my suitcase.

I roll my clothes and believe me I pack it tight.

Like I said, packing cubes are for organization. If you're trying to get more into your suitcase you want a compression sack.

Like I said, packing cubes are for organization. If you're trying to get more into your suitcase you want a compression sack.

I read what you said. I don't believe the sack would help me get any more in my suitcase. It is stuffed.

I got the heavy duty "vacuum" bags at REI and we use them all the time. They are great for return trip "dirty laundry" to seal in the snak.

As others have pointed out you will need to get a good travel scale and weigh your bags as it's real easy to go over the limit.

As for "cubes" that don't vacuum stuff down we haven't used them, but are thinking about it for stuff that might wrinkle. The vacuum bags can tend to wrinkle stuff, but what I put in them it doesn't matter.

I appreciate everyone's comments about Air2Sea. I wondered if I could get more information about using A2S from continental US to Alaska. Have never used the service and DH is leery. We have always had positive experiences with Royal so I was okay with using A2S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate everyone's comments about Air2Sea. I wondered if I could get more information about using A2S from continental US to Alaska. Have never used the service and DH is leery. We have always had positive experiences with Royal so I was okay with using A2S.

For domestic flights, the prices will not be much different than booking direct with the airline.