Carnival Platinum Laundry Question

kim300

Just adding another question re the wash/fold service.

My last cruise on Princess was first as Elite and used their laundry perk. I expected things to come back folded but everything was hung on wire hangers. Does Carnival hang things too or truly fold?

We send lights and darks on two different days. On our first experience with the laundry we sent both at the same time and the lights came back with a gray tinge. It appears that they put them together in hot water. Separating them to different days solves that problem but requires a little more planning. Last cruise (B2B) in April 2017, our Cabin Steward told us he would pick up the bags in the evening when he did turndown and they would be returned the next morning. We did that and it worked really well.

My last cruise on Princess was first as Elite and used their laundry perk. I expected things to come back folded but everything was hung on wire hangers. Does Carnival hang things too or truly fold?

Folded and wrinkled .

Folded and wrinkled .

Synthetic fibers are your friend when traveling. We don't pack a thing that doesn't wrinkle or can't be de- wrinkled. with a hot shower and some spray. My dresses tops shorts and pants can all be packed in a ball and are ready to wear. We love the laundry service with Platinum!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Synthetic fibers are your friend when traveling. We don't pack a thing that doesn't wrinkle or can't be de- wrinkled. with a hot shower and some spray. My dresses tops shorts and pants can all be packed in a ball and are ready to wear. We love the laundry service with Platinum!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a true comment ,about all that I pack in shirts these days. Didn't even use the perk the last few times ;). If i do it's shorts and t's and such. Learned my lesson years ago ;p

I'll take Carnival's same day return over Princess's hangars any day. Can take Princess up to 3 days to return Elite laundry.

Our clothes come back folded. They get a touch wrinkled because they are shoved back into a bag. Oh, the wrinkles, come out of the clothes after being taken out of the bag and stacked properly.

We send lights and darks on two different days. On our first experience with the laundry we sent both at the same time and the lights came back with a gray tinge. It appears that they put them together in hot water. Separating them to different days solves that problem but requires a little more planning. Last cruise (B2B) in April 2017, our Cabin Steward told us he would pick up the bags in the evening when he did turndown and they would be returned the next morning. We did that and it worked really well.

I would imagine this could happen anytime you send it out as they put your items in a mesh bag and throw it in with everyone else's laundry. After I found out they only use hot water and dry on high I stopped sending mine out.

Candi

I would imagine this could happen anytime you send it out as they put your items in a mesh bag and throw it in with everyone else's laundry. After I found out they only use hot water and dry on high I stopped sending mine out.

Candi

I do not mind hot water laundry. After all,I know where my clothes have been!

We couldn't wait to reach platinum and take advantage of the free laundry. Funny thing is, now that is available to us, we never use it. Go figure. :-) I believe our thinking was that with free laundry we could pack fewer clothes. Hasn't happened. lol

We couldn't wait to reach platinum and take advantage of the free laundry. Funny thing is, now that is available to us, we never use it. Go figure. :-) I believe our thinking was that with free laundry we could pack fewer clothes. Hasn't happened. lol

Never thought of bringing less clothes, just going home with less DIRTY clothes:D;p:confused: