Internet package - sharing?

ITMan

We are sailing in the Getaway next month and interested in the internet packages. There are 4 of us and will each have a phone.

Do we have to buy 4 packages or can a package serve more than one device?

We will probably need just social media access and to be able to message each other to keep in touch on the ship.

We've cruised on NCL several times most recently on the Escape in June. I purchase the unlimited internet package and link it to my login and password. We then each install the iconcierge app on our phones. We share the access using the single logon with a simple rule of go online, sync/update what you need then disconnect. This has worked pretty well for us. The past two cruises we've also purchased the connectivity functionality through iconcierge that allows for calling and messaging between phones. This is a cost of $9.99 per device but we've found it worth it for us. You'd have to decide on your own regarding pricing. The iconcierge app itself is free and will use the free wifi on the ship. the free connectivity does not get you any internet, it just allows you to see all the activities happening, the schedule for each day, info on the ports, and info on the restaurants.

Thanks for all the responses. Just to clarify. With just iConcierge can we message each other or do we have to have a package as well? Thanks

To message each other onboard then you need to use iconcierge and pay about $10 per person to do that.

It's totally separate to the internet package.

Our girls shared a package on the Getaway and worked out well. Hint to save some $ wait until 2nd day to purchase. Not really necessary first day by the time you depart plus a little time off the grid isn't a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...

I am thinking of sharing the unlimited package with 3 cabins. Assign 1 hour blocks to each cabin, ie. Cabin 1 8,11,2,5 and Cabin 2 9,12,3,6, etc. IF 2 in one cabin, they can each divide the time between themselves.

Questions: Is it easy to sign in?

I suppose one cabin buys the package and shares his/her ID and password???

Does the ID / Password have to be the same as an NCL or ship password (ie. can everyone see the Buyer's reservations, ship charges, etc.??

Thanks.

I am thinking of sharing the unlimited package with 3 cabins. Assign 1 hour blocks to each cabin, ie. Cabin 1 8,11,2,5 and Cabin 2 9,12,3,6, etc. IF 2 in one cabin, they can each divide the time between themselves.

Questions: Is it easy to sign in?

I suppose one cabin buys the package and shares his/her ID and password???

Does the ID / Password have to be the same as an NCL or ship password (ie. can everyone see the Buyer's reservations, ship charges, etc.??

Thanks.

Very easy to sign in.

Yes, one cabin buys and shares password.

You can use any password you choose.