Cruise deal(s) offered on board

T&J1014

When we were on our first, and only so far, cruise in January 2016 on the Carnival Splendor, there was an announcement about booking your next cruise before debarkation (or something to that effect). Obviously we did not do that at that time. I was curious - if you should chose to book a cruise this way, or these on board offers much better? Are these usually discounted? Is there a time in regards to when the sailing is?

Here's the updated program. It changed since I've been on Carnival. Hope that helps.

"In 2017, Carnival introduced a new Future Cruise Vacation program, allowing passengers to book a new cruise at a promotional rate up to two weeks following their sailing.

The program gives passengers the option to either book the promotional rates onboard as before, or do it later, either online or through the FunHub app. Passengers who take advantage of the new program may combine Early Saver Rates with a $25 per person onboard credit up to $50 per stateroom, 50 percent reduced deposit requirement and a two-category upgrade. For those booking suites, the onboard credit is $50 per person up to $100 per stateroom, along with the other benefits.

The program has some limitations. Passengers won't be able to choose other rates, such as those for past guests or Friends and Family vouchers. Under the old program, onboard credit remained if you found a rate reduction at a later date; now, the credit will disappear if you rebook."

Rates aren't cheaper on board than online, they just throw in some extra perks. I don't like Early Saver so it wouldn't be an attractive offer to me.