Just off Conquest. Questions?

cthrn27

We did NOT do an excursion in Ocho Rios. That port did convince me that if I get off the boat in the future, I'm taking an excursion. There isn't too much right near the pier...other than the Jamaican s that dog your every move. It's frustrating. Difficult to converse with the people you are with. Not scary or menacing, just really annoying.

We did NOT do an excursion in Ocho Rios. That port did convince me that if I get off the boat in the future, I'm taking an excursion. There isn't too much right near the pier...other than the Jamaican s that dog your every move. It's frustrating. Difficult to converse with the people you are with. Not scary or menacing, just really annoying.

Same experience we had before. We also felt harassed by their aggressiveness, though we know they meant no harm. We should have done instead the Marvyn's Paradise Tours like my family.

On port days was it hard to find food once back on ship? Or long lines for the places open? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the same cruise at the end of June. We spent about ninety minutes in Ocho Rios after passing the gauntlet of people trying to get you to purchase a cab ride. The ship was about thirty percent full by the time we got back by noon. It was pretty easy to get food. For Grand Cayman we did the sea turtle and stingray excursion and got back around three. It wasn't too bad getting pizza or burgers at that time.

How were the night time shows ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am assuming you do not mean the comedy shows, or Dive in Movies? There were 3 musical shows largely based on 80s music. They were loud but enjoyable. One of them was kind of movie/music based. We always enjoy a live show, and the majority of the songs were hits everyone was familiar with. The theater is beautiful and a cruise cocktail completes the setting.:)

There was also a Hasbro game show that we did not attend.

On port days was it hard to find food once back on ship? Or long lines for the places open? Thanks

Yes, we found this to be an issue on the Grand Cayman day (we were back to the ship early from Ocho Rios). We got back on board at 3:30 with MANY others, and the buffet was closing. Guys was open and packed.... luckily, we had heard someone on the tender talking about a BLT from room service and that sounded good to us. We ordered 2 sandwiches (too much lettuce, easily removed, but otherwise quite good!), some veggies and relaxed in the air conditioning of our room. Worked out very well for us :)