Royal IQ

We had the same experience last week on Anthem. We bought a one device internet package and I also purchased the $7.95 chat option (just connecting to ship's wifi is free) for me and 2 kids bc I didn't want to run the risk of not being able to text with our teens. I logged onto the internet with the code once, and DH logged on several times after me (which should have meant I was kicked off and would have to log back in with code which I never did).

iMessage worked much better among all of us than using the Royal IQ chat (but everyone was in a room with a one device shared VOOM package). It wasn't perfect, but it worked better than the paid chat app. I also received basic email and text all week (again--I don't think I "should" have been logged into VOOM bc DH should have kicked me off the one device set up). I was even able to upload the Times each day and was able to read it without much difficulty.

So my suggestion is that if you don't HAVE to have wifi, try just logging onto the Ship's Wifi and see if it works for your needs,

There have been times On my previous cruises I've been able to browse a few websites. It seemed like if I went to RCI website and then quickly type in another website it would work. I could only visit the main page of the site but it was enough to read the headlines and weather. If I clicked on a link on the website I would be sent to the RCI signup/login webpage. All without an internet package.

There have been times On my previous cruises I've been able to browse a few websites. It seemed like if I went to RCI website and then quickly type in another website it would work. I could only visit the main page of the site but it was enough to read the headlines and weather. If I clicked on a link on the website I would be sent to the RCI signup/login webpage. All without an internet package.

Thank for the tip on technique.:)