Vista restaurant questions

kc58ab

It appears on Carnival's website that the Asian and Italian restaurants are only open for dinner. I think I read a review that said they were open at lunch as well. Can anyone comment on if they are open at lunch, if so is the cost $15 an adult like dinner with the same menu? Is it every day for lunch or just some?

I see I can book reservation online prior to, but I hate to do that as I would like to pick a night I don't love the MDR menu. Anyone comment on how busy, difficult it is to get in to eat the day of?

Is the food quality enough to be worth the extra cost?

Thanks in advance for what you can offer.

It appears on Carnival's website that the Asian and Italian restaurants are only open for dinner. I think I read a review that said they were open at lunch as well. Can anyone comment on if they are open at lunch, if so is the cost $15 an adult like dinner with the same menu? Is it every day for lunch or just some?

I see I can book reservation online prior to, but I hate to do that as I would like to pick a night I don't love the MDR menu. Anyone comment on how busy, difficult it is to get in to eat the day of?

Is the food quality enough to be worth the extra cost?

Thanks in advance for what you can offer.

Both the italian and asian places are open for lunch and are free. The menus are different at lunch, Both are very good!

They seem to be very busy so if you wait to book on board, need to do it early in the week. If you book online you can always cancel once on board.

I did not care for the asian restaurant at dinner, the food was just ok, service was great. The italian is great!

Thanks. Good point on can cancel... For dinner can u try more than one thing like MDR or $15 per entree? Where on ship is pasta place? I'm a big Italian fan but wasn't impressed with Pasta Bella how does it compare?

Thanks. Good point on can cancel... For dinner can u try more than one thing like MDR or $15 per entree? Where on ship is pasta place? I'm a big Italian fan but wasn't impressed with Pasta Bella how does it compare?

Cucina is decent at lunch for it being free.

It is quite good for dinner.

You get one appetizer, salad/soup, entree, side and dessert per person and it's served family style. If you wanted something extra they won't say no.

JiJi is great for lunch

For dinner, it's amazing, in my opinion.

Some of the best asian fusion I've had.

It's served the same way as Cucina's, but if you wanted something extra you can. As a matter of fact we ordered an extra entree and they brought us two.

Cucina is $12pp and JiJi is $15pp.

We were on the Vista for 8 days and ate at JiJi's FOUR times for dinner.

Both restaurant share deck 11 aft. They are by the last set of elevators or you can take the stairs behind the last buffet in the marketplace.

Highly suggest trying one for lunch after you board. everyone will head for the buffet and no one will be up there.

The dinner concept in JiJi's is sharing. If there are two of you, you can choose 2 from the appetizers, 2 from entrees and 2 sides. They give you enough of each for 2. Each person chooses their own dessert. If 3 or 4 people, they suggest 3 from each section. We went as a group of 12 and got to try all the dishes and there was enough for everyone to try every dish.

The Italian place for dinner is called Cucina del Capitano. Other than spaghetti as a side, no pasta that I recall. Entrees were more like chicken parmesan etc.

I believe ( although cannot say for sure ) that in all of the pay for venues that only one entree is allowed but maybe extra sides if requested?

The portions are generous.

The dinner concept in JiJi's is sharing. If there are two of you, you can choose 2 from the appetizers, 2 from entrees and 2 sides. They give you enough of each for 2. Each person chooses their own dessert. If 3 or 4 people, they suggest 3 from each section. We went as a group of 12 and got to try all the dishes and there was enough for everyone to try every dish.

The Italian place for dinner is called Cucina del Capitano. Other than spaghetti as a side, no pasta that I recall. Entrees were more like chicken parmesan etc.

I believe ( although cannot say for sure ) that in all of the pay for venues that only one entree is allowed but maybe extra sides if requested?

The portions are generous.

They do have Linguine & Meatballs and Spaghetti Carbonara.

They do have Linguine & Meatballs and Spaghetti Carbonara.

Been too long sincee I have seen a Cucina menu, I guess:eek:. None of my dining companions or myself have ever order a pasta dish for dinner so memory not too good about a pasta dish:D.

Get all my pasta at lunch time. My favorite go to for lunch.

Both places are good for lunch. My wife likes the pasta bar but I think it is just OK. For dinner, both places have exceptional food (IMO) and service and are well worth the money. Don't just try it for lunch and think that is all there is. Dinner menus are completely different.

For lunch, JiJi's has what is essentially the Mongolian Wok on other ships. The main difference is that instead of waiting in line and putting all of the veggies in the bowl yourself, you mark off what you want on a sheet of paper, and the servers bring it to you. Cucina del Capitano has the lunch pasta bar that premiered on the Dream. If some of your party wants the pasta bar, and others want the Mongolian Wok, you can all sit together in either restaurant and order from either menu and the servers will bring your order to where you are sitting.

These restaurants are quite popular for lunch, and the wait can be long. As mentioned by others, they are not quite as busy on embarkation day.

Wonderful information thank you. I do like the Mongolian walk. It's good to know that the menus are different at night so sounds like I should try them at night too. Has anyone had pasta Bella on the freedom and how does it compare to the pasta bar on Vista?