How was Bermuda?

BellaBaci4

icon_cool.gif

Hello all!

I'm not sure where my previous post vanished to, but we leave next week for Bermuda. Dying for info, How was the sailing? so afraid of getting sea sick. Any advice? How was the weather, water temp for swimming? Any sights or suggestions that we should not miss? I appreciate anyone who can take the time to answer. I will reciprocate. Gladly)

Happy Sailing & Ciao,

Bella

We went to Bermuda 2 summers ago on the Zenith. It was a very nice cruise. Bermuda is very nice. The island is clean, the people are friendly. We went a little later in the summer than you (I think we went in July) and the water was like bathwater - very nice to swim in. The temperature was hot and humid...you could cut the air with a knife (just like Jersey in the summer).

The island has an excellent public transportation system consisting of ferries & buses. You can buy a multi-day pass that is good on both. We bought ours on the ship. A lot of people rent mopeds to get around, but many of the roads are winding and narrow and you must ride on the left side of the road (like England).

I would try to get the late seating for dinner if you plan on spending afternoons at the beach. We felt rushed to get back to the ship in time to get ready for the early seating. Also, if you like to snorkle, I would buy a set to bring along so you don't have to rent them. I always wonder about how well they clean the rentals.

If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them. Hope you have a great trip!

Linda

Just came back from Bermuda via the Zenith on 6/5/04. I can't even explain how great it was. Ship and staff couldn't have been better. Food great. Weather PERFECT every day. 80-85 and sunny for seven days -- not a drop of rain. Calm seas. Ocean temp in Bermuda about 75 or so. Very nice. Great snorkeling -- great sightseeing -- beautiful island and people -- swam with the dolphins -- snorkeled -- parasailed -- rented wave runners -- ate and drank.

I was afraid of getting seasick too -- took a Bonine the morning we were going to sail -- and one every day after that -- did not get sick or feel sick. Did feel the motion of the boat but that was it. The seas were very calm.

I will answer any questions you have if I can. Let me know. HAVE A GREAT TIME.

Sounds heavenly! My wife & I sail on July 3...first cruise for both of us. I'll try to keep my questions at a minimum for ya ;->

- did you happen to be in a CC cabin? If so, how was it?

- Where did you rent wave runners? My wife & I are doing Jesse James snorkling excursion but would love to rent WRs too!

- What type of activities were offered on board, while in port. Odds are, we'll miss them all since we plan on exploring as many beaches as possible, but just curious.

- How many folks were at your dining table? What was your dining experience like? Still trying to figure out if a 2 person seating is better or worse than a big, 8 person seating.

Thanks s o much for your reply.

JPinCT

Red

Right

Return

We got back 6/4 from the Horizon and ditto to everything bshabazian had to say about Bermuda. I just finished checking to see if we could book again next year! Too early though. JPinct, my daughters and I ferried over to the Dockyard from Hamilton and they rented jet skis there. The guide took them on a tour, gave them a little history of the area, they saw huge turtles and more fish than they've ever seen. They were so excited when they got back, said it was the best money they've ever spent. $125 for a double, 1 1/4hr. Guide was very laid back and let them go as fast as they wanted. They had a blast. Windjammer Sports was the name of the place, right at the dockyard. Also, be sure to go to Horseshoe Bay, the absolute most beautiful beach. We took the bus there, $5.00 round trip, about 20 min ride from Hamilton. You will love Bermuda! -Babs

Thanks for all the great info. We're on the July 3rd sailing also. Do you remember which nights were casual, formal etc? Babs-d -- how old are your daughters? My daughter is 12. Do you have any other recommendations?

dolfin_e0.gif

Celebrity's Millennium - March 2002 Best Vacation ever!!

Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas - February 2003

We rented the wave runners right at the dock in St. George's. They have an hour tour -- you don't go alone -- but they take you out to a shipwreck, you see giant turtles and then you get time to play on the wave runners.

Don't miss the snorkeling at Tobacco Bay Beach. It is the best. There is also snorkeling at the Snorkel Park at the Naval Dockyard when you are in Hamilton. We swam with the Dolphins there at Dolphin Quest and that was great.

The beaches are all beautiful -- for swimming I preferred St. Catherine's. For beauty -- Horseshoe Bay Beach. For snorkeling -- Tobacco Bay Beach.

At our table for dinner we had 10 people -- We traveled with 17 of us so we had two tables full of us. IT WAS GREAT.

With us were five children -- one 6 yr. old boy; two 7 yr. old boys; one 12 yr. old boy and one 14 yr. old boy. They all had a great time. Programs were great. My 14 year old met two girls and I never saw him after dinner. My 12 year old played video games and swam, entered some contests and had a ball.

Dressy nights were Sunday night and Thursday night. I found that besides those two nights, people were not too dressed up. Khaki pants, "real" shoes and a shirt with a collar, no tie was fine for the boys and men.

Women wore anything from a Pant or capri outfit to a skirt both long and short with sandals or a little heel. Don't sweat out the clothes. Just have fun. Entertainment was good. Waiters and service I can't say enough about.

I wish I was going back tomorrow. Take your Bonine if you think you might be susceptible to seasickness.

Bermuda was wonderful. We rented a scooter and loved just getting on roads and exploring everything. The beaches are wonderful and we snorkled at tabacco bay....out past the rocks you will see really pretty colorful seaslugs on the coral and brightly colored clown fish...we saw huge parrot fish too. The people were so nice too...they would wave to us from thier front porches as we drove by even. Its a slice of heaven that I will go back to with out a doubt!

Zenith 5/04

Pride 11/02

Fantasy 10/01

There's a lot of current and detailed information on the Bermuda board. Click on Ports of Call on the page with all the boards and then click Bermuda.

Linda

There's a lot of current and detailed information on the Bermuda board. Click on Ports of Call towards the bottom of the page listing all the boards, and then click on Bermuda

We were on Horizon May 29. Calm seas, great weather. We snorkled at Tobacco Bay a short walk from the pier in St Georges, we went to Horseshoe Bay on the bus from Hamilton, and did the Restless Native catamarrand and snorkeling tour. The water was great and we saw so many fish and the coral was beautiful.

I would go again in a heartbeat.

cool1.gif

Archived