Princess Newbie.. Suite questions

logcabin

We are thinking about booking the New Crown princess this summer out of NYC. We have sailed CCL, RCCL, and NCL. Have always stayed in suites. On NCL, the suite perks include a butler, conceirge, champagne, invitation to captains party, goodies delivered to the suite each evening, etc. We are looking at the Vista Suite on the Crown Princess. Can anyone tell me what "perks" come with booking a suite on Princess.

Thanks.

Hiya logcabin! Nice to see you on the Princess boards :)

We originally booked a Vista Suite on the Crown for August. Last week I switched us over to two balcony staterooms for a few reasons:

The suites on Princess are one large room, the Vista Suite being approx. 470 sq feet. with 100ft of that being the balcony. Only 1 bathroom in the cabin instead of 2 such as in an AB on the NCL Dawn.

The fare in the Vista was $2000 more than booking 2 balcony cabins for the 4 of us.

The suite amenities did not add up to $2000 in my book. There is no butler or suite concierge like on NCL, I never do my laundry on a cruise, we are booked in traditional dining so priority seating is not an issue and our ports are not tendered therefore priority tendering isn't a perk. I spend way too much of my time on the internet at home and having it available free of charge would just prompt me to spend too much of my vacation there..lol.

Our Vista was situated right over Club Fusion and my visions of hearing thumping from the nightclub at night was causing me some distress. We are now booked much higher up between 2 passenger decks which I think will be much more quiet.

With the 2 balcony cabins we have more sq. footage and the same size balcony once we open up the divider. The only thing we lost was the aft location which I am slightly disappointed with.

I'm actually looking into booking another cruise with the money saved by not taking the suite. I LOVED the AB Penthouse on the NCL Dawn and if I felt it would be the same experience on Princess I would have kept the Vista Suite regardless. I am looking foward to the fresh water pools on Princess and MUTS!

Just some things to think about ;) When are you thinking of booking? It looks like the Crown is going to be a wonderful ship!

Archived