Cabanas at Princess Cays

Tfish

Sailing Jan 15/06 on The Star ,Western Caribbean and wondered how you book a cabana for the Princess Cays.

I can't seem to do it on my personalizer.

Is there any advantage of pre-booking or is there sufficient cabanas for all?

Thanks

Fish

We pre-ordered our cabana through Princess' website. However, I wouldn't bother again. We did this because my husband has to avoid the sun, but there were plenty of areas with shade. And the cabanas get very hot as there is no air circulating through them. It's sort of like being in a tent.

I agree with previous poster; the cabanas are not necessary. Put that money towards something else. We tendered in early, walked to the left as we got off tender, and had our pick of a thatched-roof hut which gave us shade. We were lucky with a beautiful day--not real hot, with a breeze and found those hours spent at Princess Cay very relaxing. The lounges we selected were not too far from the pavillion where lunch is prepared. Very convenient.

Have a great time.

Question about the cabanas--on Holland America's Half Moon Cay, cabanas are sort of "luxurious" (i.e., stocked fridge, snacks, snorkel equipment, loungers, shower, a/c, waiter service, etc.), and well worth the $219/day they charge. I'm considering another Princess trip that stops at Princess Cays...what exactly *are* the cabanas here, and what do they consist of, as far as "extras"? Thanks!

Archived