is everything cool open or not?

mary07054

I think you're referring to Everyt'ing Cool in St. Maarten. The last I'd heard is that the facility will be closing (or has shut down already). Apparently, the land was sold to a developer with plans for a luxury resort. You might want to check with the cruise line, as the site may not be up to date.

Al icon_cool.gif

The word was that they'd be closing at the end of May but I have yet to get someone to look out of their dang window and see if it is open or not when their ship calls there.

You can see it from the ship easy.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

Well on the list for our 06/26 Caribbean Princess cruise it was listed as "Closed" months ago. I just looked again and it is still not listed

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mary07054:

maybe i'm not looking in the right place. i just checked on princess.com - excursions and it says for 4/04 thru 9/04 "everyting cool beach and shopping day"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's there when I look in the excursions as well. I'm really hoping that the rumor about it closing is really just a rumor-- we had a nice time there last September and were looking forward to going again this coming September.

The Ultimate Cruise Kit

Coming up: Caribbean Princess - September 2004

the Everthing Cool you are talking about,is this the bar on the beach in the St Maarten shopping area. We have go there every time we are in St Maarten, I really hope you are talking about another place. I don't understand why it would be listed as an excursion since it is within walking distance of the ship.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;28;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til we sail on Caribbean Princess

Man I tell ya, I just don't see it and yes that's the place we're talking about. I really hope I am totally wrong but I doubt it..need that verification

I'll call them tomorrow and see if somebody answers and report back

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

I just checked the Princess site and it is still listed as an excursion available until September 2004, but the link I had for Everyt'ing Cool is no longer valid icon_frown.gif

Chris, go to the Princess site, then Shore Excursions, then use the pull-downs to select St Maarten. It's about a third of the way down.

Bernie

"so many cruises, so little vacation time"

Diamond Princess - September 2004

Grand Princess - March 2003

Carnival Pride - June 2002

Carnival Victory - June 2001

Went and checked the available shore excursions for our August Caribbean Princess Cruise. Princess always has an excursion to Everyt'ings Cool, I think mainly for first timers. But it is not offered in August for our cruise. First time I have not seen it as an option.

That alone makes me wonder if it is gone now.

BUT ............... I am sure although it is gone that there are parts of the beach there still excessible, and that is better than nothing.

Caribbean Princess 8/14/04

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

Chris - your right - i just checked the excursions for 8/14 (with my booking number) and it is not there. so it is probably closed.

toto - check under your booking # and see if it still comes up.

Somehow tearing down Everythings Cool to build a resort just doesn't make much sense. icon_confused.gif The land it occupies is the size of a postage stamp and only alley width at street side. Are they closing the ajoining commercial properties? Maybe I'm just being skeptical because I don't want it to go away. icon_frown.gif It is a required hour (ok make that two) everytime we are there. If someone finds out for sure please make sure you post. Maybe we could take up a collection and buy it as a group? I'll volunteer to tend bar without pay, just for the view!

Crown '93,Star '94, Regal '95,

Sun '96, Crown '97, Dawn '98,

Dawn '99, Sun 2000, Dawn '01,

Grand '02, Coral '03,Star 6/28/03, Sun 3/10/04, Star 02/27/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2005;2;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Star Princess Sailing

I have their website in my favorites. I just tried it and it's still active. I did e-mail them from their site about a month ago and have never received an answer icon_confused.gif

http://www.philipsburg-info.com/everytingcool/

Vicki

12/26/04 Caribbean Princess to Eastern Caribbean

Princess Star 8/03 Alaska

Princess Coral 3/03 Panama

Disney's Wonder 12/01 Bahama's

RCC Majesty of the Seas 11/99 Southern Caribbean

From a friend in St. Maartin.

The owners of the building are remodelling the property. Andy and Laura have first option on the remodelled property, but are thinking things over at the moment, as it will be a while before they can get back into the new space. Needless to say, vacant proerties on the water side of Front Street are a little scarce with the Boardwalk project working out so well and plans for an extension underway.

My sister and her family visited there on a cruise ship shore excursion not long ago. They enjoyed their day amd were disappointed when I told them it had closed. It may be difficult for the owners, if they open there again, to be on the cruise ship list of shore excursions. I've heard that some businesses try for some time to get on that list. I think the cruise ship websites have a good network. Too bad this happened.

Hope this helps.

Grand Princess 4/4/04

Archived