SIM card suggestions needed

Arriving in Barcelona on a Saturday late evening flight. Leaving next day, Sunday, on NCL Epic cruise. Should I purchase a SIM card before my trip, here in US?

I know I will be too tired to deal with it at BCN upon arrival and it will be too late to find a shop. However, Sunday may not be much better for finding one since I hear some shops are closed. What to do? Perhaps I have incorrect information and can find a shop on Sunday before embarkation. If so, what brand of SIM card is most popular for a short European trip...12 days? Not interested in calling home so much as just a lot of texting to check on things. My trip is in October so I have time to purchase from Amazon if needed.

Thanks, Judy

FYI for anyone with a similar delima. I ordered an Orange Holiday SIM card from Amazon.

Has everything I need. Good for two weeks. Enough stuff for texting, calling and navigating.

Says its easy to use. It has great reviews. Not the most economical but has best reviews.

Ordered here because I have no time upon my arrival in Barcelona and cruise departs on a Sunday when very little is open. Otherwise I would have purchased in Barcelona, as they have Orange Boutiques there.

Hope others find this info helpful.

Now I just need a good language app. and purchase some Euros before the end of Sept.

I know, there are a million ATM's at my disposal over there. However, want some in my wallet upon arrival.

Will got to a local Wells Fargo branch with a currency exchange. Must call before to make sure they have Euros in stock. Was considering online purchase but shipping is an added fee of $15.00. If that is not an issue for you, AAA also has online ordering....thru Wells Fargo at same shipping price.

Let me know if anyone has a good language app to suggest.

Thanks, Judy

We just got back from 2 weeks in Europe and we rented a portable Wi-Fi device. It was awesome. Used Skype or what's app to make calls home to Canada. For 2 weeks, unlimited data, in multiple countries cost about $120 but you can connect up to 5 devices. We rented form CellOMobile

• 7 months later...

Thank you all. Just the information I need.

I couldn't find the Orange Holiday sim on the Orange site so

I'm looking at the Go Fly sim for our 4 week Med cruise/land holiday leaving from Barcelona.

https://tiendaonline2.orange.es/tarifas/movil-prepago

Anyone used it throughout the EU? How well did it work?

twobucketbear which translation app did you end up using?

Cheers

LM

Last fall I used Vodafone tourist card 15€, 4gb and 30 min voice good for 30 days, bought it in Vodafone shop in Plaza Catalynia. Staff speaks English well, activation process is fast with passport required. Roaming is free in EU, tested in Holland and Germany no issues.

However now it's only 2gb and 50 min voice for same price

https://www.vodafone.es/c/particulares/es/tienda/movil/tourist-in-spain-vf/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk