LAX to San Pedro port

1bigballer

What is the best and fastest way to get from LAX to the port? Our flight gets in to LAX around 12:30pm on the day of departure so we'll pay extra for fast individual shuttle service. Is a plain ole taxi the best/fastest? Thanks in advance.

What time of day and what day of the week? While a cab and Supershuttle may be equal in the time it takes, if you have a lot of traffic, you may end up paying a lot more for a cab as you pay based on time, where the shuttle service is a flat fee per person.

We are a family of 3 travelling. We want to leave the LAX hotel by 10a to get to the ship. This would be on a Sat morn. We dock on a Sat morn near 8 but have no clue what time they will allow us off. Plane leaves at 12:15p. What do u suggest?

Shuttles are a better bet than taxis in LA. Plus you have more room for luggage. Try www.karmel.com or www.supershuttle.com . Prime Time has had a lot of troubles from Highway Patrol citations for safety (bald tires, anyone?), to getting kicked out of all the airports for not having insurance, so I can't recommend them. I personally use Karmel, because they have given me better service. If your in a hurry, for any of them, be sure to book ahead and get an exclusive, so you don't have to stop and pick up or drop off another party.

Have a great trip

Ron:D

lagrutke: Thanks for the tip. We too are using Golden West Express. They will pick us up at our hotel at LAX in a towne car.

Mafemass, I hope that you will post your experiance with this company....we are looking for transportation for our spring cruise and it all seems really confusing. It sounds like we have the same amount of people to transport so I am interested in your reviews. Thanks!

Linda

• 3 weeks later...
We used Golden West and were quite happy with them. I even called a friend up while in Golden West's car to tell them to cancel who they were going to use the next day and book with them.

We will definitely use them again.:)

Thanks for your report. I will definitely check on them. I am hoping they have wheelchair lift vans for my Mom.

I have been in contact with Golden West, and was told they did not have van's with chair lifts. They will transport wheelchair that folds. We will have a wheelchair, but the lift isn't needed.

We are planning on using them, they quoted us a rate of $300 total, from LAX to the pier and back to LAX, for a group of 15, that was cheaper than any place else I have contacted.

I have been in contact with Golden West, and was told they did not have van's with chair lifts. They will transport wheelchair that folds. We will have a wheelchair, but the lift isn't needed.

We are planning on using them, they quoted us a rate of $300 total, from LAX to the pier and back to LAX, for a group of 15, that was cheaper than any place else I have contacted.

Thanks Caroline,

I just don't want to lift my Mom in and out of the chair and it would be much easier if she could stay seated throughout the whole process.

Archived