Pacific Princess - Need your help if you sailed this ship!

SanFranBayCruiser

Like many of you - I am the pied-piper when it comes to cruises. I just found out a co-worker is getting married and wants to go on a cruise for her honeymoon - possibily even get married on the ship... And, anyhow she came to me to ask me about it. Unfortunately, I haven't been aboard the Pacific Princess. Any info about the ship would be appreciated. And yes I have a good TA as this will be a huge undertaking for my co-worker :)

Just hope we're invited if they do a ship board wedding - would love to experience one! Especially on the Pacific Princess.

What do you need to know about the ship?

We were aboard Pacific Princess (new), Papeete to Sydney, 11-03, and enjoyed the ship very much.

She is a sister to Tahitian Princess, Oceania's Regatta, Nautica, and Insignia (all were Renaissance R class ships).

We were on Regatta this past August into the Baltic, and booked on Nautica, 11-06, Istanbul to Sydney via the Suez.

She doesn't have an on-board dedicated Chapel, and I don't know if she offers on-board weddings, like some of the Princess ships.

Druke - thanks for the quick reply. The "main" questions my co-worker has:

1) The staterooms appear larger on the Pacific Princess, at least in the balcony categories. Is it worth the extra money to upgrade to a suite on this ship?

2) How often are there flights from the mainland (we're in California...San Francisco)? Any particular airline you'd recommend?

3) Hotel recommendations for either pre or post cruise stays

4) And then the normal questions like: how is the food, crew, etc?

Like I said - Any info you have that I can pass along will be appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Well, the cabins are compact at best, but they are efficient. Can't address the suites on that ship - haven't been in one.

Flights - you didn't say what itinerary or end points - too vague to give a good answer.

Hotels - same thing.

Food was standard Princess fare - although the Steakhouse aboard was excellent.

I really think you and your friend need to get a brochure, settle in on an itinerary or two, and then get specific questions to fit the situation.

Archived