Need Help Deciding - Escape or Freedom with Adult Kids & Spouses

taylortime05

Hi,

Hubby and I are going on our 1st NCL cruise on Escape Nov 25. I can't wait.

Then we have a family cruise planned on Freedom 8 night on Jan 6. It will be hubby and me, and then my 3 adult kids and their spouses or friend. The kids are letting me do all the planning. I keep wondering if we would get better value for our money with NCL since you can add the beverage package whereas it's expensive on RCCL.

We have cruised 3 times before this on Allure, Oasis and Eclipse. So we have no experience with NCL.

For the young adults would you choose NCL Escape or RCCL Freedom and why?

Appreciate your feedback.

Hi,

Hubby and I are going on our 1st NCL cruise on Escape Nov 25. I can't wait.

Then we have a family cruise planned on Freedom 8 night on Jan 6. It will be hubby and me, and then my 3 adult kids and their spouses or friend. The kids are letting me do all the planning. I keep wondering if we would get better value for our money with NCL since you can add the beverage package whereas it's expensive on RCCL.

We have cruised 3 times before this on Allure, Oasis and Eclipse. So we have no experience with NCL.

For the young adults would you choose NCL Escape or RCCL Freedom and why?

Appreciate your feedback.

I suggest Escape, hands-down. There is so much to do on board we are going a 2nd time to see what we missed.

How young are the "young adults", and have they cruised before?

My daughter is 21, my sons are 23 and 28. All 3 have been on Allure and Oasis. My daughter & older son are married and their spouses have not cruised. My youngest son is not married and a friend of his will be joining us. Appreciate your feedback.

If they enjoyed the Oasis ships, I would suggest Escape. There are more diverse activities and bars compared to Freedom. RCL doesn't do a lot of late night entertainment if that is important. Overall, Escape may be a bit more on the lively side.

The Escape wasn't my favorite ship by any means (I'm in my early 30's), but it is a big hit with a lot of people. I think the overall crowd may skew a little younger than RCL.

It all boils down to what you think they like. If they are foodies, I would lean towards the Escape, especially with Food Republic. Shows, in my book RCL tends to have a slight edge. Escape has great water slides and the ropes course - Freedom has the Flowrider and rock wall. I really don't think you'll go wrong with either choice.

We've done both with our adult children and would go with the Escape because of the drink package as a perk. If everyone is a non-drinker then it's probably a toss up. Our grandchildren love the Freedom but their parents like a few cocktails and wine with dinner. The costs add up quickly. So we are trying Getaway for our next family cruise. Not perfect, but the included drink package tipped the scale. Also I like the entertainment currently on the Getaway. I thnik the entertainment is good on Escape too.