splendor of the seas jr suite back of ship

Never cruised on the Splendor but we have had aft staterooms/suites on a few cruises. In general aft is very nice, I like the view from the balcony.

A few things to consider - we had an aft on one of our AK cruises. There were a few places where we did some major manuvering (while viewing glaciers) and the deisel fumes can be quite pronounced at such times and are concentrated at the rear of the ship. We just got off NCL POAm around HI, and spoke with an aft cabin pax who indicated that when we turned at the volcano and along the Na Pali coast the fumes were almost unbearable.

Also check the design of the ship - RCI is generally pretty good in their design, but on POAm, there was a direct drop from the outdoor seating area in the buffet dining area onto the balconies on the deck below - we witnessed one glass of iced tea being knocked off a table down onto the deck below - fortunately the balcony where it landed was unoccupied at the time!

I have also heard some complain that the vibration of the engine can be more pronounced aft, but I have never experienced it!

My husband and I were in cabin 8582 on the Splendour this past September while on the European cruise. As I remember, cabin 8086 has the deepest balcony so IMHO you've got the best cabin. This was our second cruise in an aft cabin and we did not have any problem with soot or fumes. The view of the wake is absolutely fabulous. These balconies are also the best for a room service breakfast and a predinner drink. Although more expensive to have a balcony, it is well worth the cost. We never had to go up on deck to sunbath on our AOS cruise. The 2 loungers on our balcony were perfect. We did have these on the European cruise but we were running in each port so no sunbathing.

Enjoy!!

We cruised the Med on Splendour in the starboard aft cabin (can't remember the number). It is a wonderful location! We never noticed any fumes or soot or anything else negative. The JS suites are very nice, and the deep balcony with the aft/wake view is incomparable, IMHO. Have a great trip!

Archived