Bad form, Viking!

decamp303

While some passengers are happy with the recent itinerary changes on Vikings Cuba cruise (substituting Cienfuegos for Havana and dropping Belize City and Cozumel), everyone is not.

We pulled the trigger on cancellation today and in yet another disappointment from Viking, they are not offering full refunds but rather, enforcing standard cancellation penalties.

Any passengers on the November sailings are looking at a 15% cancellation penalty for something totally out of their control and as a result of Vikings inability to actually execute on a sailing they sold.

With what I thought of as a reputable company, I find it hard to believe that in light of this extraordinary circumstance they will not waive any of their cancellation penalties what so ever.

Bad form, Viking!

Bye , Bye you don't know what you missed . ! We will have a Great Time without you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You missed the entire point of my post.

If you read the small print" all sailings are subject to change " I'm sure Viking did not set out to give extra credit and free shore excursions, when they announced these cruises . Between the Cuban Government and the current Washington administration you knew there was going to be changes ! And they happened !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You would be very hard pressed to not admit these are extraordinary circumstances. They did not just cancel or change a port...they restructured the entire cruise that they marketed and sold four shiploads full. In fact they eliminated 3 of the 5 ports of call and replaced only 1 with a much inferior port.

All I am suggesting is that understanding this is an extraordinary set of circumstances they should make right to their customers by waiving cancellation fees. It would even be fine if they just opened a window of say 48 to 72 hours to allow people who sign up for one thing and are being deliver another to make up their mind.

Believe me, I have been on the phone to Viking 3 times today. The CS agents there are overwhelmed and inundated with angry passenger calls. This is not doing well for their reputation as a top-tier cruise line, irregardless of the cancellation fee issue.

Viking doesn't cancel unless they have to cancel. On the cruise into the midnight sun, a port was cancelled due to safety reasons, same with my cruise to South America. Venezuela was canceled and st. Kitts was included, again the reason was safety for the guests. Viking doesn't cancel arbitrarily, why would they want to deal with angry people. When you deal with Cuba, you deal with their government and their military. Instead of canceling, why not see if they will substitute another cruise so you don't lose that 15%.