Australia Cruise, Tipping for a BABY who doesn't even get food onboard

Forfio

Hi All,

We have booked a cruise with NCL from Sydney. We're bringing a baby but NCL does not provide any service (too young to enrol any program) or baby food.

How do we tip? We never sail with NCL before? Do they automatically take the tips from our account? Can we opt out the tipping structure and tip directly to the room attendant who actually provides service to a baby? I can't think of anything else that NCL provides to a baby but we're paying for a full ticket for a baby.

Thanks.

I can't believe they're charging you full price for a baby! Have you spoken directly to NCL or did you do an online reservation? I ask this only because we were quoted a very significantly reduced price when we phoned NCL regarding our 2 year old granddaughter. Had we reserved online we would have been charged the full third person price for an adult.

Hi All,

We have booked a cruise with NCL from Sydney. We're bringing a baby but NCL does not provide any service (too young to enrol any program) or baby food.

How do we tip? We never sail with NCL before? Do they automatically take the tips from our account? Can we opt out the tipping structure and tip directly to the room attendant who actually provides service to a baby? I can't think of anything else that NCL provides to a baby but we're paying for a full ticket for a baby.

Thanks.

Even though you pay full fare for an infant, there is no tips charged for children under three years of age.

The DSC for the rest of you will be charged directly to your account. The cabin steward receives part of that money. You can also tip him directly with cash additional funds if you wish. We usually do, just for the two of us.

On Princess, we paid a full fare for our 2 year old, plus daily tips. But he ate full entrees in the dining room, and could go to the kids club with parental supervision and the kids club staff did a great job of keeping him happy there.

I'm glad NCL will be reasonable with a baby, since the steward is the only one who will have extra work.

On Princess, we paid a full fare for our 2 year old, plus daily tips. But he ate full entrees in the dining room, and could go to the kids club with parental supervision and the kids club staff did a great job of keeping him happy there.

I'm glad NCL will be reasonable with a baby, since the steward is the only one who will have extra work.

Exactly!