Ginger Pills

dp@kim

We will be on our first cruise December 31st(new years eve) on the elation and we want to know where do you buy ginger pills? Or should we go to our doctor and get a prescription for motion sickness pills? Help!

thanks

dpandkim:confused:

1st Cruise Elation December 31st (New Years Eve)

We will be on our first cruise December 31st(new years eve) on the elation and we want to know where do you buy ginger pills? Or should we go to our doctor and get a prescription for motion sickness pills? Help!

thanks

dpandkim:confused:

1st Cruise Elation December 31st (New Years Eve)

This link should help re: ginger pills.. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=260873&highlight=ginger

I bought them at our local health food store. They were about 8.00 a bottle. I started taking them two day's before we sailed, two/morning and night and continued through the cruise. Then when the motion got bad I would take another one. Worked great I never got sick and I'm prine to sea sickness.

in my experience ginger works great to prevent or treat motion sickness at the first signs of symptoms. Once the nausea gets a hold I recommend moving up to meclizine(bonine or dramamine non-drowsy).

for a preventative take (2) 500mg caps to start then take 1 in the morning and evening.

at onset take 1 to 2 caps then take 1 cap at 4 hour intervals as needed..

on a side note I recommend getting the ginger capsules at a health food store or vitamin store that sells pharmaceutical grade product.

Most pharmacies do not sell pharmaceutical grade vitamins (I know that sounds weird)

Hope that helps

Rick

I have taken the ginger pills for the last three of my four cruises. For me it has worked great. I tend to be motion sick and have not had a bit of problem with it. Tried bonine on one cruise and it made me feel tired and loopy.

I start taking the ginger a couple of days before the cruise.

Archived