VIFP Platinum Timing Question

CTCruisers

We are currently Gold VIFP with Carnival at 69 days. We just booked a 7 day cruise on the Dream for next spring which would get us over the 75 day threshold for Platinum.

Do we get to board the ship as Platinum for this cruise? Or, do we have to wait until the following cruise to receive those benefits?

We are currently Gold VIFP with Carnival at 69 days. We just booked a 7 day cruise on the Dream for next spring which would get us over the 75 day threshold for Platinum.

Do we get to board the ship as Platinum for this cruise? Or, do we have to wait until the following cruise to receive those benefits?

Congratulations on reaching platinum. Hope you have a great cruise.

"Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions.aspx

• 2 months later...
Congratulations on reaching platinum. Hope you have a great cruise.

"Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions.aspx

I had this same question and couldn't find it easily on Carnival's website. Thank you winddawn for answering this for me.

You will be platinum when you board. Your documents should read PRIORITY. Enjoy your cruise.

Your luggage tags will have the FTTF logo too. Welcome to Platinum, we love the priority boarding and tendering.

Enjoy your cruise!

You will be platinum when you board. Your documents should read PRIORITY. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, this happened to me. I also had 75 days on my next to last day of the cruise but I became Platinum on day one of the cruise. :cool:

Yes, this happened to me. I also had 75 days on my next to last day of the cruise but I became Platinum on day one of the cruise. :cool:

This will happen to me on our Conquest cruise in January. Does the Carnival website update your VIFP status prior to sailing, or will it just show up when I print out our check-in documents?

This will happen to me on our Conquest cruise in January. Does the Carnival website update your VIFP status prior to sailing, or will it just show up when I print out our check-in documents?

Your VIFP status only shows what you have cruised. Ours shows 68 days but our luggage tags for our 8 day 2019 cruise already has "Priority" and "FTTF" on them.

We are 64 days and have just booked an 18 night cruise through a travel agent. Do I need to call Carnival to ensure we will get the platinum benefits or will it automatically happen for this cruise? I can't print luggage tags as check in times are not available yet so can't check that way :(

We are 64 days and have just booked an 18 night cruise through a travel agent. Do I need to call Carnival to ensure we will get the platinum benefits or will it automatically happen for this cruise? I can't print luggage tags as check in times are not available yet so can't check that way :(

What is the 18 night cruise ? I'm not seeing it on the Carnival website. Is it sold out ?

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I are on the Carnival Miracle departing January 13, 2018 on a 14 day Panama Canal cruise. We will both transition from gold to platinum status a few days into the cruise. I just looked at our luggage tags on-line and they say "priority" but not "FTTF". Two questions- what does FTTF stand for? And since we have a Vista Suite wouldn't the luggage tags already have "priority" on them?

Thanks.

Mayor John

Priority means just that. It's on FTTF , Platinum and Diamond and suite boarding passes and luggage tags. You are the 1st to board, first to disembark after self assist...and if you tender...you can get off earlier. FTTF stands for Faster to the Fun and Carnival sells a limited amount of these priority boarding passes. Also...you will receive a Platinum SS card since they will recognize you turning into Platinum status during the cruise.

You don't have to pick a check in time to be able to see your luggage tags. Click on your cruise, then Cruise Details. To the right, you will see a square box with "To Do". Click on that, then View Cruise Documents. Click on Print Luggage Tags. (You don't have to print them now). That will bring up your luggage tags. They should have a rather large red arrow with Priority in it.