How big are the 'free' bottles of water on the new 'all inclusive' deal?

Scatterbrain42

Hi,

Normally we had to order about 2 liters of water a day and i always did that way before. It was not cheap so i am happy to see its now 'included'. But i do wonder they say 'one bottle per person in the cabin a day. Also with gold status (or higher) you get extra bottles. Does anyone have a idea how big these bottles are ? My guess not the normal 1liter they sell but 0.5liters ....

Anyone?

Daniel.

The UK all inclusive details state that it is a 1l bottle per person.

Thank you ill reread the ones we have and see if i simply missed it. I don't mind all these new rules but it does become a little confusing sometimes.. so i might end up with 4 liters of water a day.. ehmm well ok.....

Daniel.

The latitudes ones are 0.5 l per member from memory. It's only one or two bottles (depending on level) per cruise though, not per day.

Thanks i checked, the 1 liter is correct and valid for many countries including mine so thank you. It is kind of weird that everybody now gets 1 liter a day while your gold status gets you about 2 glasses of water on day 1 :). Seems kinda silly...

Daniel.

I was on the Epic in June with the UK All Inclusive package. I had 7 1litre bottles in my room on arrival.

ETA I was a solo traveler in a solo studio... not sure how it would work in a cabin where there are several people.

So does NCL now include bottled water in their package?

And can anyone confirm if gold members get their water per day or just once per cruise?

Water is included in the all inclusive packages offered in Europe.

As stated above, the latitudes benefit is just once per cruise.

It's one bottle per day per person, so a couple would have 14.

And as noted it's all delivered in one go at the start. We had 20 bottles of water to store. Still had about 13 left at the end. Some people must drink a lot of water.

It's one bottle per day per person, so a couple would have 14.

Thanks cazv, you are one of the few who have travelled under the new system i guess. So we now know the whole deal i am on a 16 days cruise with 2 people. I assumed we would get new water every day but now we know they 'ship it' on day 1 as with the old order yourself method. So i now expect a 32bottles of 1liter bottles of water and then 2 kinda silly 0,5 liters for the gold state on day 1 :).

Daniel.

Yes, pretty well everything that is delivered to your room will usually be delivered on the first day, I assume to make it easier for them to do.

Just about the only thing that is delivered any other time is if you have purchased gifts, and even then I'm sure I've heard stories of things being delivered on the first day anyway.

So, if you qualify for multiple chocolate covered strawberries, as an example, you get them all on day 1.

I'm quite pleased we booked our upcoming 15 night cruise with three of us in the cabin before they introduced all inclusive. No idea where that would have all gone. :)

Thanks cazv, you are one of the few who have travelled under the new system i guess.

No, I haven't yet, but the website states that its per day per passenger and, as discussed above, they usually do deliver everything on day 1.

It's possible, especially with these longer cruises that they may change things to make storage easier.

No, I haven't yet, but the website states that its per day per passenger and, as discussed above, they usually do deliver everything on day 1.

It's possible, especially with these longer cruises that they may change things to make storage easier.

Sorry my reply to you was unclear i included 'cazv' in the reply since he was on the epic under the program. And yeah i was kinda hoping they would now make it the job of the stewart to add 2 bottles a day but given that all these programs run in parallel now i guess using the old system makes more sense. Maybe in the future they will start doing that since it does take a good amount of space indeed.

Daniel.

I don't think they will move over to delivering then daily as this presents it's own problems, especially when it's only some cabins. It's pretty well certain that people will get missed.

However, delivering them all on day 1 will cause problems, especially on longer cruises. Imagine being the family of 4 on our upcoming cruise who walk into their (already fairly cosy) cabin to find 60 bottles of water waiting for them. :)

I wouldn't necessarily want to be the room steward who ends up discussing this with some people.

My guess is that they will move over to delivering slips to the room that can be exchanged for water.

I'm in the US, can someone tell me what this all inclusive package is? i have never seen it advertised here

It doesn't apply to you. It's a European thing.

Basically, our fares now include the beverage package, the DSC and some water and the prices have gone up to cover them. The same as before really except for our cruises being more expensive overall and those people who can't cope with having to add on the cost of the DSC now don't have to get all stressed about it.

However, delivering them all on day 1 will cause problems, especially on longer cruises. Imagine being the family of 4 on our upcoming cruise who walk into their (already fairly cosy) cabin to find 60 bottles of water waiting for them. :)

This was what I meant when I said I wasn't sure how it would work when multiple people are sharing a cabin. They surely won't deliver 60 bottles of water on day 1? That would be madness! Be interesting to find out how they deal with this kind of situation. Time will tell I guess.

If you get a few cases on Day 1 - there is plenty of room under the bed. You could probably sell a bunch to your neighbors that have to pay $3-$4 a bottle -LOL!

For those of us that get one bottle, we just fill it with ships water. No big deal.