Christmas Day ? which is best NCL-Carnival - RC

Equisport

Hi,

We are wanting to book a "fun" cruise either over Christmas Day or NY

last year we were cruising with Celebrity on Christmas Day , and apart from a few carols, and a slightly christmasy menu there was no other celebrations, it felt like we missed christmas almost.

not coming from the UK xmas day is HUGE event, and all other hotels etc or vacations weve been on have made a huge fuss (which we love)

has anyone else sailed with NCL / Carnva or Royal Carbbean ?

i assumed maybe these more party style ships may make more of a fuss and special day

I have sailed with Carnival during Christmas - it was our last sea day. They are decorated in the atrium and prominade. They had something almost every day in the week leading up from tree lighting to caroling to snow falling to santa visit on Christmas Eve.

We like being on board for the holidays. But it doesn't feel like Christmas at home because it is tropical. We had a flame retardant collapsible tree, Christmas light gel clings and stockings - men's socks patterned like elf socks. That helped. And the fact that we carried on a small suitcase with a bunch of small but nice presents for our boys with all the materials to wrap.

Regardless, except a different feel. Great but not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Ecstasy last Christmas. First time not with family, but that's another story. On Christmas Day they had a little show put on by the children in Camp Carnival. It was adorable as most shows with little ones are. On Christmas Eve they had caroling in the Atrium with Santa and it "snowed" in the Atrium. Very festive....different but festive. Lots of Christmas outfits, shirts, ties, socks, etc. They ship had incredible decorations too. Doing it again this year, but on the Sunshine.

We've done Carnival the past three Christmases on different ships. The first year was literally the best Christmas we've ever had! It was magical & beautiful! But each year has been less Christmassy than the previous. Fewer decorations, fewer holiday events & special shows, even little things like fewer Christmas greetings from the staff. This last year hardly seemed like Christmas at all. It may depend on the cruise director or the ship, or it may be cut-backs. Of course, if you don't have anything to compare it with, you may love it. We've cancelled our Carnival booking for this Christmas & are trying another cruise line this year.

I did RC Allure during new years, leaving out of FL. Its one of the best New years celebrations ive had. The pricing was expensive but it was worth it. They kept the Christmas decorations up and the central park area was very nice. The ship was beautiful and got you in the spirit despite the tropical weather :). The NYE party had everyone all dressed up and we partied til about 2am. Of course you can do Christmas B2B with the NY cruise for more fun. I'm thinking of another RC or NCL for this NY.