Breeze Cove (2381)... Right decision?

joshd33

Taking a cruise on the Breeze next year and need some feedback on a cabin choice... It'll be my wife and I and we love balconies.

I originally booked a balcony on deck 8, but noticed that a cove balcony came available yesterday and jumped on it. Have been wanting to try out a cove for a while now. The cove we booked is cabin 2381. I know that this is under the galley, but another review said that it's the end of the galley and didn't have any noise issues.

Here are my two questions...

1) Has anyone stayed in 2381 on the Breeze? If so, how was your experience.

2) In YOUR opinion, was it a good move going from Deck 8 to a Cove?

Really appreciate the time and help! Anything else anyone would like to add would be most appreciated!

-Josh

Had a cove balcony on the Breeze and am probably one of the only ones that hated it. Too close to the ocean...you see it whizzing by. I didn't like sitting there seeing that. I much prefer being higher up!

Had a cove balcony on the Breeze a few years ago and loved it. I am not a fan of how the balconies on 6, 7 and 8 now overlook deck 5. When you look down you can see people walking around and they can look up and see you too. We were actually sitting out at one of the tables on deck 5 eating breakfast one morning and had a conversation with someone who was in a balcony room on Deck 7. Not very private.

Had a cove balcony on the Breeze a few years ago and loved it. I am not a fan of how the balconies on 6, 7 and 8 now overlook deck 5.
I'm glad to hear someone else say this! When I look down from my balcony I want to see OCEAN, not decking. Much prefer a cove balcony on the Dream class ships. Ocean you want, ocean you get. :)

OP, I think you made a good decision. On Conquest and Destiny class ships I prefer being higher up, closer to Lido. But on Dream class ships, I prefer a cove balcony. See my reply to Spike for the reason. A cove balcony isn't as convenient to Lido, but the tradeoff is worth it to me to be able to look down and see water.

I had 2379 last year. Loved it during the day. At night the galley noise was terrible. I'm a light sleeper so I wouldn't book that cabin again but I recently had another cove - 2283, and loved it. I loved being close to the water and the last one since it wasn't under the galley was fabulous.

I'm a huge fan of coves but I don't think I would have chosen 2381 as it's under the galley. Others who have stayed in coves near this location will be along soon and they may be able to give you some accurate information on the noise level. On your next cruise try to snag a cove under the Shore Excursion desk or Guest Services or even under the MDR.